The Student Room Group

Best places for student holidays after Exams

Hi,
I was thinking on planning a holiday with my friends after exams.
Does anyone have helpful websites that have cheap holidays?
Or recommend a cheap student friendly city/country?
or any tips in general?
thanks
Original post by Snackwars
Hi,
or any tips in general?
thanks

The days of really cheap holidays have long gone but some destinations offer better value than others. In Europe, Turkey, Bulgaria, Hungary, Spain and Portugal are some of the best value for money in terms of flights and accommodation.

For cheap flights try: comparison sites Kayak, Momondo, Skyscanner or airlines RyanAir, EasyJet, Jet 2 etc.

For accommodation: booking.com, trviago, expedia (but if you find something you like, see if you can get it cheaper by booking direct). You could also try youth hostels:

https://www.hostelworld.com/st/hostels/

Sometimes a package holiday can be cheaper. More info here:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-holiday-haggling-guide/
Original post by Snackwars
Hi,
or any tips in general?
thanks

Turkey, Morocco, Tunisia are cheap short haul destinations for a nice holiday. Sharm and Hurgada in Egypt can also be cheap but it’s a little bit further.
They’re all friendly countries where you’ll be made to feel welcome. They’re also full of culture and history if you want a break from lying on a beach. Cape Verde is also another idea.
This article has ideas for summer destinations for students.
Hi, I just recently found on reddit cheap flights. I read everything in this thread and suggested my wife and kids to buy tickets to the UK, and now we live in the Philippines. I always dreamed of visiting the UK, so I decided to buy tickets there, especially for such a cheap price. You can try it too.

Quick Reply

Latest