The Student Room Group

Nursing at Glyndwr University

Hello! I was wondering if Glyndwr nursing students could tell me about the course and some pros and cons please!
Hello, I'm not certain on what you want to know about nursing at Glyndwr nursing, but there are several options of nursing, all taking 3 yrs of study; mental health, adult, children, and veterinary, you can also access other courses as occupational therapy, paramedic science and health and social wellbeing. Glyndwr is a good institution, and the nursing courses are great too as far as my knowledge is concerned. Feel free to HMU with any other inquiries, thanks.
Reply 2
Im interested in adult and mental health nursing, however I am not sure which to pick as I'm more interested in mental health and like the idea of building solid relationships with patients but I would still like to learn all of the practical aspects that an adult nurse does (Ive heard they can even perform minor surgeries now!). Id like to know the pros and cons of adult and mh nursing, what you learn each year in these degrees and what placements are like please. :smile:

Original post by EaglesPen
Hello, I'm not certain on what you want to know about nursing at Glyndwr nursing, but there are several options of nursing, all taking 3 yrs of study; mental health, adult, children, and veterinary, you can also access other courses as occupational therapy, paramedic science and health and social wellbeing. Glyndwr is a good institution, and the nursing courses are great too as far as my knowledge is concerned. Feel free to HMU with any other inquiries, thanks.
Original post by SianH12
Hello! I was wondering if Glyndwr nursing students could tell me about the course and some pros and cons please!

Hi SianH12,

It's great to hear that you're interested in our Nursing courses at WGU!

If you'd like to hear from a student perspective, we have recently published a student story from Louise Whitley, a current Adult Nursing student at Glyndwr.

Another thing to note is that we are first in the subject area of nursing in England and Wales according to the Complete University Guide 2023.

In your first and second year of Mental Health and Adult Nursing you will learn similar themes. In year one you will focus on the fundamental care skills required to practice as a caring, kind, compassionate professional who values and respects the individual needs of the patient, family and carers. In year two you will focus on law and ethics, emphasis on the holistic components of acute diverse and long-term mental health conditions, research and evidence-based care.

In your third year for Mental Health Nursing you will focus on managing change, empowering service users and family/carers, applied bioscience for complex care and personal and professional development to prepare you for becoming a registered nurse.

And in your third year for Adult Nursing you will focus on coordinating and managing change, enhancing people’s health outcomes and personal and professional development to prepare you for becoming a registered nurse.

Hopefully, this answers some of your questions but please get in touch with us if you need any more info!

Best wishes,

Maddy
WrexhamUniReps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending