Turn on thread page Beta

Next: Christmas Temp? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I applied for a position and wanted check how my application was doing...I phoned the store and they said that No christmas temps positions are being advertised. The problem is, they are advertising, on the official site!

Any advice
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Then ring them up and say you've seen some advertised on the site?

ReputationRep:
    wow 5.50 an hour wooptydoo!

ReputationRep:
    You probably just went through to someone stupid. Say you have already applied and want to know the status, if they say no temps. Just say well how come I applied

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juggy123)
    wow 5.50 an hour wooptydoo!
    its Money!!

I checked and she said that there were no xmas temp positions and she will check into it. She was rather rude to me when i asked.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Wiserommer)
    its Money!!

I checked and she said that there were no xmas temp positions and she will check into it. She was rather rude to me when i asked.
    Did you speak to the manager?

ReputationRep:
    well if she was rude, why work for her? you can do better!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    well if she was rude, why work for her? you can do better!
    Do you know how hard jobs are to get atm?

ReputationRep:
    yes ive had 7 jobs in the last 3 months and left 5 due to fussy managers etc.

ReputationRep:
    next are horrible people to work for anyway, try boots good company
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    yes ive had 7 jobs in the last 3 months and left 5 due to fussy managers etc.
    you sound the fussy one tbh

ReputationRep:
    lol ok im the sensible one, good luck getting a job
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    lol ok im the sensible one, good luck getting a job
    very sensible, so what do you say during interviews why you've been in and out of jobs? must look very good on your CV

ReputationRep:
    A rather a little of topic guys, and yes she was the manager!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arisk01)
    very sensible, so what do you say during interviews why you've been in and out of jobs? must look very good on your CV
    oh my, you really had a job ever have you? i dont need to tell employers about my previous employers ive always had a steady job these other jobs were alongside, are they going to get MI5 to check out my previous jobs NO if i state it then so. AND I DONT HAVE A CV!!!!!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    A rather a little of topic guys, and yes she was the manager!
    Sorry, I wasn't expecting someone so pretentious. Well in that case have you contacted head office to see if they are lying or not?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    oh my, you really had a job ever have you? i dont need to tell employers about my previous employers ive always had a steady job these other jobs were alongside, are they going to get MI5 to check out my previous jobs NO if i state it then so. AND I DONT HAVE A CV!!!!!!
    At least I can use correct grammar and punctuation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arisk01)
    At least I can use correct grammar and punctuation
    hmmm sure!

ReputationRep:
    I've checked and the other manager said that they were advertising, but they are taking noone on now, because the store did not meet the qouta? So i've asked what i can do in the process, and the advice i recieved was to apply to other stores.

Waste of time!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I've checked and the other manager said that they were advertising, but they are taking noone on now, because the store did not meet the qouta? So i've asked what i can do in the process, and the advice i recieved was to apply to other stores.

Waste of time!
    I assume the store isn't getting as many sales as they were expecting so they've had to cancel the temps (they can do this at any point, even if you were already working as a temp). Try some other shops in that case

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.