The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lostphotobooth

Yeah, rejection from Cambridge, Kings (both without an interview) and rejection from SGUL after interview. The SGUL one I completely understand though; I didn't want to go there and it showed when they asked haha.

Cambridge and King's gave me lousy reasons really. Cambs said my BMAT result was low, yet I know someone with a lower BMAT than me (but only 1A* more at GCSE) who got an interview at the same college.

Kings', they said I was a strong candidate and that was it. But whatever, I'm over it. It's their loss at the end of the day and they've lost out on a netball/badminton player who would have probably have done well on the respective teams. (As well as a hardworking (I will be by then) student.)

Your BMAT isn't low.... in fact it's a really good score :smile:

Kings don't give you any feedback...well they didn't last year for me :sigh: But I suppose it's understandable since they get so many applicants

lol I love the "I will be by then" bit :p:

It is their loss, best of luck with your other choice :smile:
*...smiling away....*
well i only got 3A*, and i got a BM5 offer yesterday, while a friend of mine with about 7 A* was rejected. so if its gt u worried chin up! they obviously don't care that much.

o0o thank you i got 3 A* as well

so still hopeful :smile:
FFCrusader
Your BMAT isn't low.... in fact it's a really good score :smile:

Kings don't give you any feedback...well they didn't last year for me :sigh: But I suppose it's understandable since they get so many applicants

lol I love the "I will be by then" bit :p:

It is their loss, best of luck with your other choice :smile:

Thanks :smile: Just annoyed they said it was low when someone else got an interview there with a lower score than me. But oh well. I was never going to fit in at Cambridge :/

Kings have given feedback. Someone else who got rejected phoned up and got some individual feedback.

Haha, and yeah I do hope to be hardworking by then. I'm just the laziest person ever, which is a reason to go into medicine. It'll make me work hard. I hope haha.

And thanks :smile: Best of luck with you and your unis too.
lostphotobooth

Cambridge and King's gave me lousy reasons really. Cambs said my BMAT result was low, yet I know someone with a lower BMAT than me (but only 1A* more at GCSE) who got an interview at the same college.

19.9 is not low by any means. i can't see how they would reject you on such a good score. my friend got an interview from clare with about 17 in the bmat.
are you sure that the bmat was the only reason?
Isometrix
19.9 is not low by any means. i can't see how they would reject you on such a good score. my friend got an interview from clare with about 17 in the bmat.
are you sure that the bmat was the only reason?

Yep. I asked, and they said it was because my BMAT results were low. They said everything else was fine... :s-smilie:
lostphotobooth

Kings have given feedback. Someone else who got rejected phoned up and got some individual feedback.

Yeah I got individual feedback on the phone. Didn't really make me feel much better, if anything it made me feel worse for a few days but in the long-term, especially if you end up having to reapply it's definitely worth trying to find out.
Cambridge are rubbish haha :smile:
i guess my BMAT was too low for them aswell
Reply 1487
SamWalters
Cambridge are rubbish haha :smile:
i guess my BMAT was too low for them aswell

Oh dear.

Im the only one who found it funny.
DrVas
They are ****.

and they are stuck up bastards.

You aint getting i unless you go to Eton.

Chill. And that's just rubbish.
DrVas
They are ****.

and they are stuck up bastards.

You aint getting i unless you go to Eton.

Not everyone there is a stuck up bastard

A good friend of mine is now at Cambridge and he is far from stuck up

And he didn't go to Eton :p:
Reply 1490
LOL

I know, its just fun.
Reply 1491
lol my friend got into cambridge after 1st try of 4 rejections. and going to glasgow to do econ through clearing.

he got amazing bmat though and went to the bio olympiad last summer. . .
Reply 1492
yeah they aren't all snobs...
i have a friend that got an offer to Cambridge and she definitely isn't one...or from Eton :P
Reply 1493
can i ask whether imperial gives out acknowedment letters or emails???
Reply 1494
emails.
Reply 1495
so you got an acknowledgement email before you received your interview?
Reply 1496
kiwi123
so you got an acknowledgement email before you received your interview?

no. the first email was an interview email asking me to choose a date.
When is it likely that 'batch'', pre-interview rejections will be given out again now? Feb/March, or can we expect anything in Jan itself?

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with this 'limbo' status :P
L'amourantDeLaPenguin
When is it likely that 'batch'', pre-interview rejections will be given out again now? Feb/March, or can we expect anything in Jan itself?

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with this 'limbo' status :P
After trawling through some of the older threads, UCL give out quite a few pre-interview rejections in early February and BSMS put a lot of applicants on a reserve list in late January. You can't really predict it though - in the 2008 cycle, King's rejected a lot of applicants before the Christmas holidays yet left it till early January this time round.

I think February will prove to be a relatively active and crucial month for a few of us.
!MEna
After trawling through some of the older threads, UCL give out quite a few pre-interview rejections in early February and BSMS put a lot of applicants on a reserve list in late January. You can't really predict it though - in the 2008 cycle, King's rejected a lot of applicants before the Christmas holidays yet left it till early January this time round.

I think February will prove to be a relatively active and crucial month for a few of us.

Are trawling through threads and searching for lil hope that there is left just like me? :s-smilie:

Im guessing UCL hasnt come to my application yet, otherwise i would have been rejected by now.

Bristol ... *blank mind*

Im waiting on SGUL..the drama queen...

Hows revision??

Latest