Module Change Watch

$uperNova
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I started the year doing a join media/computer studies course and then changed to just media after a few weeks as the computer science side really didn't interest me.

Anyway it was apparently too late to change this term so i had to carry on doing computer science, I'm reaallly sick of it now and have basically stopped going to lectures because I'm not learning anything and so i was wondering if i would be able to drop the two computer science modules (10 credits each) and take on an extra 20 credit media module next term? anybody know if this is possible and if the uni will allow it?

thanks in advance
daniel_williams
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by $uperNova)
I started the year doing a join media/computer studies course and then changed to just media after a few weeks as the computer science side really didn't interest me.

Anyway it was apparently too late to change this term so i had to carry on doing computer science, I'm reaallly sick of it now and have basically stopped going to lectures because I'm not learning anything and so i was wondering if i would be able to drop the two computer science modules (10 credits each) and take on an extra 20 credit media module next term? anybody know if this is possible and if the uni will allow it?

thanks in advance
if you've been told its too late to drop the course then usually it means you'll have to continue with the computer science modules.

if however you speak to your personal tutor you might be able to get round this problem because you can transfer onto the full media course and use the computer science modules from semester 1 as "optional" modules so you still complete your 120 credits, then at the start of second year you should be able to change courses completely.
$uperNova
i have dropped the course and i am taking full media from next semester, i just changed my computer science modules to media to from next semester I will be doing just media, its just this term I know im going to fail because i just cannot get into the computer science stuff, do you think if i told them this they would let me drop the 20 credits for computing and take up an extra 20 credits next term?
daniel_williams
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by $uperNova)
i have dropped the course and i am taking full media from next semester, i just changed my computer science modules to media to from next semester I will be doing just media, its just this term I know im going to fail because i just cannot get into the computer science stuff, do you think if i told them this they would let me drop the 20 credits for computing and take up an extra 20 credits next term?
to be honest doing 80 credits in a semester is a complete and utter nightmare. its exactly what i'm doing this semester 1, resulting in a timetable of 32 hours a week! they won't allow you to do this, and should you fail the Computer science modules in January you'll be asked to re-sit them in the summer.

failing them again in the summer by more than 30% will result in you having to re-sit first year. but if you get over 30% but you have an overall percentage of over 40% then you'll be fine.

i know you might not like your modules, I don't like some of mine but i have to endure them as they are core modules, as long as you can find enough drive to at least get a pass then things can be changed next year and you won't have to look back. its only going to be ~ 46 hours a week worth of computer science lectures that you have to do for another 4 weeks of term so i really would just try and go and get as much done as you cen to ensure you pass first year.
$uperNova
ok, your right i suppose, thanks a lot for the advice! muchly appreciated!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.26%
No - I got the required grades (109)
59.24%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise