The Student Room Group

Anyone done / doing Law at any of the following:

I would be very interested to here the opinions of anyone who has studied or is studying law at any of the following:

Hull
Lancaster
Leeds
Manchester
Newcastle
Nottingham

I have applied to all six of them (although I doubt that all six will give me offers!) and wish to know if anyone has any experience with them.

Please note that this is not a "which uni is best" question as I believe that such a question is very person - dependant.

When I did my GCSE's and 6th form (originally) I went to some of the "best" schools in England however I prefer my local 6th form college that I currently study at. So much for "which school is the best" eh?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've just started at Nottingham. What do you wanna know??
Reply 2
Toyosi
I've just started at Nottingham. What do you wanna know??

How do you find the facilities offered (in the law school) and the general standard / attitude of the teaching.

Also how many hours a week do you do and how does the seminar system operate.
Reply 3
Mark_KK
I would be very interested to here the opinions of anyone who has studied or is studying law at any of the following:

Hull
Lancaster
Leeds
Manchester
Newcastle
Nottingham

I have applied to all six of them (although I doubt that all six will give me offers!) and wish to know if anyone has any experience with them.

Please note that this is not a "which uni is best" question as I believe that such a question is very person - dependant.

When I did my GCSE's and 6th form (originally) I went to some of the "best" schools in England however I prefer my local 6th form college that I currently study at. So much for "which school is the best" eh?

Did you not consider Leicester or Sheffield?
Reply 4
It is hermaphrodite, Hermes and Aphrodites
Reply 5
Bhaal85

I applyed to Sheffield! :tongue:

Are you already there?
Reply 6
Elle
I applyed to Sheffield! :tongue:

Are you already there?

Not yet. I sent my UCAS off and I have a conditional ofer off them for law. SO I hope to go there, EXPRESSION (seems like they let anybody in these days :biggrin: ) one of the mods attends there, sounds like a very good Uni. Now I just need to concentrate in getting my grades.
Bhaal85
Not yet. I sent my UCAS off and I have a conditional ofer off them for law. SO I hope to go there, EXPRESSION (seems like they let anybody in these days :biggrin: ) one of the mods attends there, sounds like a very good Uni. Now I just need to concentrate in getting my grades.

Does Sheffield still have a hall of residence in a converted church?
Reply 8
Bhaal85

Cool! Congrats!

Is it a bad sign if I haven't heard from them yet!? :confused:
Grr... I hate waiting
Reply 9
and its homosexual.
Reply 10
Elle
Cool! Congrats!

Is it a bad sign if I haven't heard from them yet!? :confused:
Grr... I hate waiting

No, I haven't got anything through the post yet. But I checked online and I have been amde aconditional offer:

Either A in mathematics, or, A in business and B in Mathematics.
Reply 11
Bhaal85
No, I haven't got anything through the post yet. But I checked online and I have been amde aconditional offer:

do colleges look at your transcripts from 9th grade? or the grade when your 14-15
curryADD
do colleges look at your transcripts from 9th grade? or the grade when your 14-15

No it's the GCSEs from when you're 15-16 and you're predicted grades for when your 17-18.
Reply 13
Bhaal85

I did however:

I have either lived in the towns or know / known someone who has had experience attending university there at the places I have applied to.

I have no real knowledge of Leicester and do not really like Sheffield as a city (yes, I know that this is rich coming from someone who lives in Hull).
Reply 14
Mark_KK
I did however:

I have either lived in the towns or know / known someone who has had experience attending university there at the places I have applied to.

I have no real knowledge of Leicester and do not really like Sheffield as a city (yes, I know that this is rich coming from someone who lives in Hull).

Sheffield was voted number one for social life. As it has the largest student union there, and the academic side, Sheffield isn't really to be snuffed at. I think I am gonna do law there.
Reply 15
Bhaal85
Sheffield was voted number one for social life. As it has the largest student union there, and the academic side, Sheffield isn't really to be snuffed at. I think I am gonna do law there.

This university has a strong academic reputation, and boasts a number of Nobel prize winners among its alumni. Sheffield's reputation as the "City of Steel" is largely thanks to the pioneering research of a little-known part-time student called Harry Brearley who, in 1913, invented stainless steel.

Courses in architecture, politics, mechanical engineering and sociology have all been rated highly in recent assessments.

Sheffield's social scene has taken off in a big way over the last decade. As the home of superclub Gatecrasher, as well as many new trendy bars, its nightlife now rivals that of Leeds and Manchester.

The students' union is, itself, top ranking in the entertainment stakes. Rated as the UK's best union by the Virgin university guide, it turns over £2m per year and lays on events every night of the week.
Reply 16
Bhaal85

Hey might see you there.. checked online and got a conditional offer (for law) too! :tongue:
Reply 17
Elle
Hey might see you there.. checked online and got a conditional offer (for law) too! :tongue:

REALLY??? Are you planning on going there? Or somewhere else?
Reply 18
Bhaal85
REALLY??? Are you planning on going there? Or somewhere else?

Yep.. well- unless I get into Cambridge.. Sheffield is great though!
How about you?
Reply 19
Elle
Yep.. well- unless I get into Cambridge.. Sheffield is great though!
How about you?

Definitely Sheffield!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending