The Student Room Group

UCAs and capital letters

Do I need to capitalise the course subject in my personal statement? What about the topics mentioned within the personal statement?

And if I am mentioning a summer school, do i need to capitalise the summer school & the subject i was taught at that summer school?
Original post by School Life
Do I need to capitalise the course subject in my personal statement? What about the topics mentioned within the personal statement?

And if I am mentioning a summer school, do i need to capitalise the summer school & the subject i was taught at that summer school?

A subject isn’t a proper noun (unless it’s a language) and shouldn’t be capitalised. The same for topics.

you need to be more specific about what you want to write to answer your question about attending a summer school.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by PQ
A subject isn’t a proper noun (unless it’s a language) and shouldn’t be capitalised. The same for topics.

you need to be more specific about what you want to write to answer your question about attending a summer school.

So in my PS I have the sentence "In the Year XXXX I attended XXXXX's Summer School for (insert subject with subject).

Would I have to capitalise the subjects in this case since its a part of a title?
Original post by PQ

So in my PS I have the sentence "In the Year XXXX I attended XXXXX's Summer School for (insert subject with subject).

Would I have to capitalise the subjects in this case since its a part of a title?

Actually I'm guessing the word "summer school" doesn't need capitalisation

Year shouldn’t be capitalised either (and is pointless anyway).

for example:

In 2020 I attended the Sutton Trust engineering summer school.

Quick Reply

Latest