The Student Room Group

uni choices with ABC grade

Hi so I'm going on to study psychology at uni and for my ucas application I've got two back up choices (bath spa and middlesex) and I've got three other choices:
surrey - ABB
cardiff A*AA-AAB
city - AAB
I managed to get predicted an A from art B from psychology and a C from biology. Art and psychology is fine but its just biology bringing me down with my grades and im really worried unis wont accept me for this grade since biology is often intertwined with psychology.
Do you think I could still manage to get an offer from these three unis even with the grades that I have?

EDIT:
I've had a look at some other fairly high ranked unis and I'm considering Sussex (AAB - ABB) or Reading (ABB) as alternative options, should I put these two as my choices instead
(edited 1 year ago)
i think surrey might, but i think you'd have to be extremely lucky to get an offer from the other 2 because their requirements are quite a bit higher than what you've got
have you got anything that might bring the required grades down ?
I agree with okayykayy with the offers, the others could possibly however it is a lot less likely as well some unis might say you need an ... in biology or an A in psychology
Reply 3
Original post by Jess_Lomas
have you got anything that might bring the required grades down ?
I agree with okayykayy with the offers, the others could possibly however it is a lot less likely as well some unis might say you need an ... in biology or an A in psychology

if you mean something like epq then no i dont have anything like that
Original post by mygtrbl
if you mean something like epq then no i dont have anything like that

Have you checked if you are eligible for any contextual offers?
Reply 6
Original post by JustAnotherFloop
Have you checked if you are eligible for any contextual offers?

im pretty sure im not really eligible for contextual offers
Original post by mygtrbl
Hi so I'm going on to study psychology at uni and for my ucas application I've got two back up choices (bath spa and middlesex) and I've got three other choices:
surrey - ABB
cardiff A*AA-AAB
city - AAB
I managed to get predicted an A from art B from psychology and a C from biology. Art and psychology is fine but its just biology bringing me down with my grades and im really worried unis wont accept me for this grade since biology is often intertwined with psychology.
Do you think I could still manage to get an offer from these three unis even with the grades that I have?

EDIT:
I've had a look at some other fairly high ranked unis and I'm considering Sussex (AAB - ABB) or Reading (ABB) as alternative options, should I put these two as my choices instead

Hey @mygtrbl

It's great to see Surrey as one of your options!

If you have any Surrey-related questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Best wishes
Debora
1st Year Psychology student
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending