The Student Room Group

EPQ question help — Gothic literature?

Hi! I really need help deciding on an EPQ title (I'm doing the essay version, not artefact). I'm very interested in Gothic literature (especially Frankenstein), as well as Classics (especially Ovid's Metamorphoses). I'm also interested in how Freudian psychoanalysis relates to literature. And I'm also interested in folklore, especially Scottish and Irish folklore.

Does anyone have any ideas for an EP title about any of these areas, or one that links them?

Thank you so much and good luck with all your exams!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by sunnycomb
Hi! I really need help deciding on an EPQ title (I'm doing the essay version, not artefact). I'm very interested in Gothic literature (especially Frankenstein), as well as Classics (especially Ovid's Metamorphoses). I'm also interested in how Freudian psychoanalysis relates to literature. And I'm also interested in folklore, especially Scottish and Irish folklore.

Does anyone have any ideas for an EP title about any of these areas, or one that links them?

Thank you so much and good luck with all your exams!

Something along the lines of, 'How far does Freudian Psychoanalysis allow for interpretation of Gothic Literature', 'To what extent is Gothic literature influenced by Scottish & Irish folklore' would be my safest bet! Be sure to narrow down exactly what your case studies are; gothic lit is a wide topic, so be sure to specify in the EPQ which books/literature you are using as reference for the essay :smile:
I think before you come up with a question it is important to have books and resourses in mind to study. This sounds alot like the NEA I have to do for my intergrated English alevel so examples from the ocr website maybe useful although there aren't many as it's a new course.

You could use Freuds theory to explain gender and look into how gothic literature would support his ideas on gender. Freud theory of gender is one of the topics that can be considered in the aqa psychology alevel to you could look here for more research. I feel this could be interesting as long as you don't do English or psychology as the epq can't be related to content you've already learnt from other alevels.

Quick Reply

Latest