The Student Room Group

when do teachers add reference to ucas?

sister hasnt submitted UCAS application yet bc their teacher hasn't written a reference, will they add a reference after submission
Original post by starrystudy
sister hasnt submitted UCAS application yet bc their teacher hasn't written a reference, will they add a reference after submission

no, the reference gets submitted with the whole application, as far as I'm aware (or at least that was how it worked with my school). When they press submit on UCAS, it gets submitted to her school, and then the school submits the app to UCAS, thats when they add the reference. Its the schools responsibility to sort out the reference. So i suggest submit to app to her school ASAP so they can attach the reference and then submit it to UCAS.
For me i clicked the submission button twice;

My tutor checked my application and wrote up a reference and sent it back to me when I first submitted my application.

Once the application got sent back to me (with the reference), that was the last time any amendments can be made on my application. When things were okay I clicked the submission button which got sent to my chosen universities (I think that's how that works lol).

She still has some time left before the deadline, it needs to get done ASAP. Maybe she can talk to the teacher about it to rush them to write it up.

Quick Reply

Latest