Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Eeeeewwww
    I never even had the sex talk with my mum. We did the tampon talk and then I got handed the ladybird book of love or some such crap which went alongs the line of

"when a man and a woman love each other very very much
    they decide to get married and then have sexual intercourse to have a baby..."
    Don't think talking positions is ever going to happen do you. My mum embarrasses very easily she used to change the channel at the sight of a bra let alone a boob or anything in the male anatomy.
    That sounds like my mum, the other day some program was on ITV with very very a softcore sex scene, the type you see in 12 rated movies, i.e just two people in a bed kissing fully dressed.

She turned the channel over as she was emberassed.

As far as I am concerned when it comes to talking to my parents sex simply does not exist and I was put on earth by god.

ReputationRep:
    My grandmother walked into my brother having sex when he was 15....

ReputationRep:
    I just dont understand how so many people can be caught by parents walking in, do you not close your doors?

ReputationRep:
    my parents would have a heart attack

ReputationRep:
    There's no locks on most doors in people's rooms. So, along comes Mother, merrily whistling, with some nice freshly laundered washing to put in little darling's wardrobe....lala, open door..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    I just dont understand how so many people can be caught by parents walking in, do you not close your doors?
    :eek: Not everyone has locks on their rooms y'know! :p:

ReputationRep:
    *Ahem*

Should I use my invisibility to fight crime, or fight evil?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clodagh)
    There's no locks on most doors in people's rooms. So, along comes Mother, merrily whistling, with some nice freshly laundered washing to put in little darling's wardrobe....lala, open door..
    Could you just not say you were doing some science homework to find out how easy it is to make a baby?

ReputationRep:
    That's why you must be prepared to throw someone under the bed should the door handle start turning...trust me...been there

ReputationRep:
    Or construct an elaborate system of putting everything in the room against the door, eg: chairs, side tables...so it takes anybody about 10 minutes to get in....

ReputationRep:
    Or construct an elaborate system of putting everything in the room against the door, eg: chairs, side tables...so it takes anybody about 10 minutes to get in....
    That will make it worse, if you have a girl in there and you have loads of stuff in front of the door its quite obvious what you're upto. Personaly I think the bathroom is a much safer place as it has locks, who needs comfort?

Either that or in the back your dads Ford Mondeo Ghia.

ReputationRep:
    *Ahem*

Should I use my invisibility to fight crime, or fight evil?
    Oops sorry!

Anyway, in answer to the original question: My Mum and Dad were a bit confused I think, cos in one of my 16th b'day cards my friend wrote something along the lines of "Now you're legal think of all the things you can do...not that that's ever stopped you before." :eek: :rolleyes: Which, of course, was totally inaccurate anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't tell my parents when I lost my virginity no, but my mother was in my doctors appointment when he asked if I was sexually active, and it was obvious from then onwards.

ReputationRep:
    My parents had gone away for a weekend, so i decided to ask my (ex at the time) gf to stay over the night. her parents then managed to find out she was there (because she turned her phone off and the friend who's house she was meant to be staying at didnt lie very well for her!

My parents came back, and i had to tell them that she'd stayed over because knowing parents it'll be everywhere the next day. So my mum replied with "Why did she stay over? Were you really desperate to do it one last time?" not a nice conversation!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    That will make it worse, if you have a girl in there and you have loads of stuff in front of the door its quite obvious what you're upto. Personaly I think the bathroom is a much safer place as it has locks, who needs comfort?

Either that or in the back your dads Ford Mondeo Ghia.
    It is, however, infinitely preferable to them seeing you both at it........

ReputationRep:
    My friend has a really open relationship with her parents. Her dad pops in to borrow condoms, and she says 'don't get the red ones, they're for the bigger man'. Her mum makes comments to her boyfriend like, 'do you want me to hold your willy when you go to the toilet?'. My parents, thank God, are different.

On a slightly different note, I was watching American Pie a few years ago and my Grandma came in and sat down. 'Has that boy just weed into that cup? Disgusting.' She says. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    My mum and I are really close, so yeah I did tell her, but my parents are really laid back about that kind of thing. She was just like 'be careful' because she had to have an abortion when she was a student and didn't want me to have to go through that. Aso it was pretty obvious, when my bf stayed for christmas, and we slept in the same room!

ReputationRep:
    Still a virgin, but there is NO WAY I'll tell my parents...how embarrassing! My dad prefers to think of me as his little girl, and as for my mum, she's really traditional about things like that. She has a problem with my brother bringing his girlfriend home, even though he's 18, she's 17 and they've been together for over a year! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I told my mum that I was having sex with my boyfriend, just so she knew because I trust her and she cares a lot about me..and I value her enough to be honest with her. My parents are very open and honest with me and I felt I should be the same. They knew anyway, my boyfriend and I had been together a few months so they'd guessed. They were fine with it, they thought it was too soon but it's always too soon for parents to realise their children are growing up.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh nooooooo!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.