Did you tell your parents when you lost your virginity? Watch

This discussion is closed.
The Albatross
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sophdoph)
I told my mum that I was having sex with my boyfriend, just so she knew because I trust her and she cares a lot about me..and I value her enough to be honest with her. My parents are very open and honest with me and I felt I should be the same. They knew anyway, my boyfriend and I had been together a few months so they'd guessed. They were fine with it, they thought it was too soon but it's always too soon for parents to realise their children are growing up.
exactly. i wanted my mum to know because she cares about me, and also becuse i know she wants me to b happy! it would upset her more not to know.
Acaila
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No way would I tell my parents! :eek:
Mind you last year I was going to see my boyfriend and my mum told me my dad had asked her if she "was going to have a little talk with me". Nice of him to think I need it :rolleyes:
ClosetGinger
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I kinda slipped it into conversation, my mum all pretended to be cool like 'oh?' and then half an hour later started hassling me about contraception...then told my dad!!! Which made a car journey with me, my boyfriend and dad fairly awkward
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I told them when i lost my panties.
Clodagh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
[QUOTE=Charlottie]Her mum makes comments to her boyfriend like, 'do you want me to hold your willy when you go to the toilet?'. My parents, thank God, are different.

QUOTE]

I really don't get this..???
puppy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
People who did tell their parents; how did you actually do that? I can't even bring myself to tell them when I have a boyfriend, never mind anything about sex. I can't imagine what they think about their 20 year old virgin daughter who's never had a boyfriend. I'm suprised they haven't asked, but then again they never gave me a sex talk or anything like that, maybe they're not bothered.
scatterbrain
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My mum...gulp...found the condoms. :eek: Or would have been blind to miss them, accidentally left by my bed. Thankfully, shes never mentioned it...

Theres no way I could speak to my parents about anything vaguely sex realated - they gave me a sweet little book when i was younger (illustrations and eveything!), and that was it.
TakemetoAvalon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
what i find weird is how some people reckon they can tell when a girl has lost it cos she seems more mature and womanly... i just think that's kinda stupid (although my mate says her mum could tell the next day and asked her about it, but she seems to have a very weird relationship with hermum re: sex ie. they discuss positions etc.)

lou xxx
:eek:
amo1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ma yes.. dad no no and no
TakemetoAvalon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amo1)
ma yes.. dad no no and no
NEVER going to talk with my parents. Ever. Even when I'm married. NEVER. :eek:

The thought frightens me.
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My mum asked me when I was with my ex (aged 14-17) if I was having sex with him and once accused me of nicking a pack of her contraceptive pill. That annoyed me because I wasn't sleeping with him and I deffinately wouldn't steal her pill. They turned up 2 days latter having fallen under the bed, but that was embarrassing. I think my mum assumes that I lost my virginity to my ex aged about 15 and I just let her think that. I didn't actually sleep with anyone until I wass 17 and with my current bf, but I'm not really going to talk to my parents about that. I am sure they both know that I am not a virgin they are just a bit wronge about when it happend. Surprisingly my dad is more laid back about that sort of thing than my mum. He let me and my bf share a bed when we went on holiday. Where as my mum makes a big deal of us sharing a room when he stays over it is all very strange. You think that they would have relaxed a bit now that I live with him at term time but no.
bestdeceptions
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How... seriously... how did people tell their parents that? :eek: I agree with puppy! I find it awkward talking to them about boyfriends, let alone anything else I don't even want to know what my parents think...
hazzie1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I will never talk to my parents about this, but if they don't know, what with the shut and blocked doors, the clothes on back to front, the contraception all around, and the secret locked box under my bed that they couldn't understand why I'd bought, well then, they must be alot denser than I thought. Also, I hope my mum hasn't been keeping track of my periods, they are so erratic that she'd be forcing pregnancy tests on me every month.
happydinosaur
Report 14 years ago
I always thought the my parents would try and have some sort of sex related conversation with me when I was about 15 but they never did...I always assumed that they would one day but they didn't. I am assuming that conversation is not going to happen now, well I would be surprised if they did. We have never really had an open or honest relationship though. They are so over protective well my dad is anyway, he told me that when I started going out with my boyfriend he had all sorts of things going through his head and that he just wanted to protect me. I know that they do not like the idea of my going to visit my boyfriend at uni, I think the idea of leaving us alone anywhere we could possibly do anything scares them...
Kalypso
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TakemetoAvalon)
NEVER going to talk with my parents. Ever. Even when I'm married. NEVER. :eek:
this is my line of thought...i don't even intend to broach the subject until i have no other choice. that will probably be whenever i have kids of my own and have to break the news to them that they'll be grandparents. even then i'll hope that they just think of it as an immaculate conception...
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
WHat my dad said to my brother when his wife got pregnant.

"You can stop trying now"

*shudder* I'm praying that won't happen when I'm up the duff.
TakemetoAvalon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by grey faerie)
this is my line of thought...i don't even intend to broach the subject until i have no other choice. that will probably be whenever i have kids of my own and have to break the news to them that they'll be grandparents. even then i'll hope that they just think of it as an immaculate conception...
Exactly....
I hate the idea that my parents might know who I am... I don't mean that in a "precious" way, just that they've always told me I'm a confusing person. I am. Let it stay that way!
happydinosaur
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by grey faerie)
I know yeh...

I have been with my boyfriend for three and a half years and still don't like to talk about him to them (although they do really like him) just because of where the conversation might lead..My mum and I have such a terrible relationship when it comes to things like this.
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hehe, before I lost my virginity I was asking my mum whether it hurts and asking her advice about things, so yes - she definitely knows!
bestdeceptions
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
Hehe, before I lost my virginity I was asking my mum whether it hurts and asking her advice about things, so yes - she definitely knows!
:eek: :eek: :eek: Wow. I really admire your relationship with your mum! I don't know how you could do that!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (173)
27.2%
Not great so far... (227)
35.69%
I want to drop out! (123)
19.34%

Watched Threads