The Student Room Group

Struggling to pick another higher subject

I plan to take English, history, RMPS, & chem, and I can't think of anything else. My school doesn't do classical studies or psychology, which is highly annoying as they seem interesting. You have to go to college for psych, which is irritating. I wanted to do philosophy, but I have to wait until S6. I was thinking of picking up a language, but I don't think I'll manage. I want to do five highers this year. For reference, I currently do English, maths, history, chem, RMPS, and NPA psychology. Any suggestions? Thanks :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Does your school allow you to go to college for Psychology? I have friends who are doing that and I think it could be a good option for you!

Crashing a language could be an option too, but if you don't speak any other than English/haven't studied any before it might be difficult. I crashed Higher Italian last year and found it quite good but I did it alongside Higher French (which I did at Nat 5 too).

Are there any other highers you can crash at your school? Maybe Higher Biology could be an option, it's mostly content based so Nat 5 knowledge isn't necessary, and you have previous science experience from Chemistry. Higher Mods or Geography could be an idea too.

Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by xhannahliv
Does your school allow you to go to college for Psychology? I have friends who are doing that and I think it could be a good option for you!

Crashing a language could be an option too, but if you don't speak any other than English/haven't studied any before it might be difficult. I crashed Higher Italian last year and found it quite good but I did it alongside Higher French (which I did at Nat 5 too).

Are there any other highers you can crash at your school? Maybe Higher Biology could be an option, it's mostly content based so Nat 5 knowledge isn't necessary, and you have previous science experience from Chemistry. Higher Mods or Geography could be an idea too.

Hope this helps!

Thank you! I was thinking of crashing mods, but I wasn't sure. I currently do psychology at college but I live so far away from it and its draining coming back at 5 pm so I don't want to go again. Tysm for the help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest