The Student Room Group

Themes for my NEA

Hello,

I am currently doing my A-Level English and am struggling to find a topic to base my coursework upon.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Original post by mxssinator2.0
Hello,

I am currently doing my A-Level English and am struggling to find a topic to base my coursework upon.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I think it would help fellow students in possibly assisting you if you kindly informed them of the A level board and syllabus you following. Your NEA will contain something that you have studied in your course. what themes interested you in your course thus far and that you would like to have an more indepth exploration. Remember that English language is the study of spoken and written words and how writers use language to fulfil purposes, target specific audiences, reveal attitudes and evoke emotions. In your course you will have developed tools and vocabulary to deconstruct texts in detail, looking specifically at how words and grammatical structures can affect meaning. Things to think about including in your coursework select the relevant. Select the relevant:

Phonetics, phonology and prosodics
Graphology
Lexis and semantics
Grammar, including morphology
Pragmatics
Discourse

select something to hang everything on...
Non-fiction analysis and production (e.g. travel, review and advice writing etc.)
A review on
https://www.google.co.uk/books/edition/Orlando_A_Biography/fqFjDwAAQBAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&printsec=frontcover
Fiction analysis and production (e.g. dystopian, gothic and crime etc.)
Conversation Analysis
Power and Political Language
Standard and Non-Standard English
Child Language Development
Language Change The History of English and Language of 21st Century
Perhaps select something on gender
Glossary
A level OCR terms
I would have a look at my A level syllabus, moderators report and the coursework exemplar.
I don't know anything about A level eng but uhh maybe any rights that you particularly fight/are passionate for ?? usually i feel i can write a lot for world problems because theres a lot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending