The Student Room Group

Vet nursing

Hi im in year 9 and I want to be a vet nurse what Gsce should I take and I want to do an apprenticeship
(edited 1 year ago)
hello! i am not exactly an expert in vetting, but you would probably want to show an interest in sciences so try take single/triple sciences if you can (for biology and chemistry really). as for your options, they shouldnt matter too much, but if your school offers subjects such as health and social care and other care centered gcses or btecs definitely opt for those! i think it matters more when you are picking your a levels, and the resultsd you get though, rather than the subjects chosen at gcse themselves as some schools dont offer the same as others.
this isn't the most important choice, your options will still be open at this stage. If you're school offers triple science, do it, but not all schools offer it, so you won't be closing doors if you can't do it. Health and social care is probably not a bad bet. PE maybe, if that's what you're into? BTEC Sport is more focused on actually doing sports, but GCSE is about stuff like bones and muscles, and the cardio respiratory system (I don't do either, just from friends and a glance at the spec). A levels are the much more important choice though, and you don't need to think too hard about that just yet - but for then, biology and chemistry are musts, maths or physics are recommended as well. It's good to think about it in good time though
Original post by Walkablecities
this isn't the most important choice, your options will still be open at this stage. If you're school offers triple science, do it, but not all schools offer it, so you won't be closing doors if you can't do it. Health and social care is probably not a bad bet. PE maybe, if that's what you're into? BTEC Sport is more focused on actually doing sports, but GCSE is about stuff like bones and muscles, and the cardio respiratory system (I don't do either, just from friends and a glance at the spec). A levels are the much more important choice though, and you don't need to think too hard about that just yet - but for then, biology and chemistry are musts, maths or physics are recommended as well. It's good to think about it in good time though

Would I have to do triple science or doesn’t it matter
it's not essential, you can still do sciences at a level without it. My school doesn't offer it but I'm still going to do chemistry and physics
it's not essential, you can still do sciences at a level without it. My school doesn't offer it but I'm still going to do chemistry and physics

I want to do an apprenticeship
you'll have to check the apprenticeships you're interested in, and see what they want
you'll have to check the apprenticeships you're interested in, and see what they want

Okay thanks

Quick Reply

Latest