The Student Room Group

Struggling to choose firm choice, ULaw propaganda

My two options for a firm choice (both LLB) is University of Law at the Leeds campus or Liverpool John Moore University. My general thought is that University of Law would give me a greater chance to achieve my end goal of working in a top law firm, or have I been lied to by Ulaw? Would Ulaw generally be a better choice career wise?
I'm not knowledgeable about law degrees but ULaw gets a lot of hate for being for-profit. I think they're okay for other law qualifications but their LLB has a bad rep for sure.
If you go ULaw you will have to move into private accommodation. This will mean you will be around lots of older and also international students, who may not be the most social (trust me I know!)

LJMU you will move into halls with who will all be fellow first years.

The people you meet and friends you make in freshers will be your friends for the next three years. I don't want to worry you but honestly, moving into private accommodation you will NOT be guaranteed friends there. Moving into halls at LJMU you will. For this reason I strongly suggest LJMU. after all, Liverpool and Leeds are both big cities, and for your career prospects, the unis are the same.
Reply 3
Original post by LawStudent456
If you go ULaw you will have to move into private accommodation. This will mean you will be around lots of older and also international students, who may not be the most social (trust me I know!)

LJMU you will move into halls with who will all be fellow first years.

The people you meet and friends you make in freshers will be your friends for the next three years. I don't want to worry you but honestly, moving into private accommodation you will NOT be guaranteed friends there. Moving into halls at LJMU you will. For this reason I strongly suggest LJMU. after all, Liverpool and Leeds are both big cities, and for your career prospects, the unis are the same.

Thank you a lot! I guess the only thing I have to worry about now is the accent there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending