The Student Room Group

If I start a HNC will I have to wait two years to apply to Uni

I’m a mature age student who has applied for entry to paramedic science this year. At least one of my choices has come back to me saying my qualifications are too old for consideration (something I expected could happen) so I’m looking into HNC/CertHE options at college / the OU I’ve just noticed that the course dates run well past when I would apply for University I’m possibly getting ahead of myself but would that mean I would have to wait until the next year after I finish the certificate to apply or would I apply before receiving my certificate? Apologies if this is an obvious question but I’ve never had experience with university applications in Scotland prior to this year and so am out of the loop can’t seem to find any info elsewhere regarding how the progression from HNC to application to BSc would be timed.

Cheers.
I would expect you would apply while still completing your HNC and any offer would likely be conditional on completion

I went HNC at college to HND at uni but applied for the uni way before I finished the HNC (like December). likewise doing the HND, the internal applications to jump to the 3rd year BSc program were due way before the end of the HND. (also mature student in Scotland)
Original post by StriderHort
I would expect you would apply while still completing your HNC and any offer would likely be conditional on completion

I went HNC at college to HND at uni but applied for the uni way before I finished the HNC (like December). likewise doing the HND, the internal applications to jump to the 3rd year BSc program were due way before the end of the HND. (also mature student in Scotland)

Ah perfect cheers for the info pal! I find a lot of the info online is understandably focused on school leavers. Cheers again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending