The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick uni gcse requirement

How strict are Warwick uni with GCSE required grades??

basically, im interested in applying for modern languages. I have great A level grades but for GCSE I have 6 in english and a 3 in maths.
the maths grade is the only thing holding me back - does this mean they wont accept me in any case?? Is there any point in applying?
Normally GCSE requirements are "hard" requirements and not meeting them will be an immediate rejection unless you are resitting it. I would suggest resitting your GCSE Maths, as even outside of degrees, a lot of employers state they want GCSE Maths at a passing grade (usually 4/5 or above).
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by artful_lounger
Normally GCSE requirements are "hard" requirements and not meeting them will be an immediate rejection unless you are resitting it. I would suggest resitting your GCSE Maths, as even outside of degrees, a lot of employers state they want GCSE Maths at a passing grade (usually 4/5 or above).

It sucks because I got AAB a level and would be great in the subject area. So is it best to not bother applying there if I dont have the maths grade then? would it be an immediate rejection? As of now i'm not resitting..
Original post by Anonymous
It sucks because I got AAB a level and would be great in the subject area. So is it best to not bother applying there if I dont have the maths grade then? would it be an immediate rejection? As of now i'm not resitting..

Most likely yes. And as noted, many jobs will want a pass at 4/5 in GCSE maths, and most unis require a 4 or 5 or above too...you really should aim to resit it. You will have a number of limits on your prospects without that. It's also more straightforward to do now while you're still in school, and you can also still get support from your school potentially in preparing for the resit, as opposed to doing it as an adult later in life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending