The Student Room Group

Football With Cut (Healing)

Hello
So I have a cut at the back of my foot which is the heel and it is healing but I was wondering ii put a big plaster on it and go and play will it be fine or shall I wait till it’s fully dry/healed and then play and if I play football will it still dry while there is a plaster there?
I wouldn't recommend you playing any sports especially football while you have a cut to your leg until it's fully heeled up as you could possibly cause more harm than good to yourself. The would could get cut more or you get infection to the leg and you'll have to take even more time to recover.

Can you play football with a cut......
You should avoid contact sports, such as football or hockey, to give your wound the best possible chance to heal. You should not go swimming until your wound has healed and your stitches have been removed.
https://www.nhs.uk how-should-i-...
How should I care for my stitches? - NHS

Original post by Gerjaffers2002
Hello
So I have a cut at the back of my foot which is the heel and it is healing but I was wondering ii put a big plaster on it and go and play will it be fine or shall I wait till it’s fully dry/healed and then play and if I play football will it still dry while there is a plaster there?

A NHS registered nurse ( midwife).

Quick Reply