The Student Room Group

Doing an all nighter for an exam

I’m in year 12 and have a biology test tmrw and I have not revised AT ALL for the topic we’re being tested on. So i’m planning not to sleep at all today and revise everything. I know it’s my fault that I did not revise but tbh they only gave us like a week notice for this exam.
And before people say it’s better to be well rested then tired for an exam, I genuinely don’t know one bit of this topic, and I really need to learn it. So I have no choice but to stay up and revise
Is this a wise decision and do I have a chance of getting a good grade? I also have a bigger exam next week which includes this topic and another topic so revising for all of this topic today would be better for me.
ok if its a mock then i wouldnt really worry about it, get some rest
Original post by Hajora0505
I’m in year 12 and have a biology test tmrw and I have not revised AT ALL for the topic we’re being tested on. So i’m planning not to sleep at all today and revise everything. I know it’s my fault that I did not revise but tbh they only gave us like a week notice for this exam.
And before people say it’s better to be well rested then tired for an exam, I genuinely don’t know one bit of this topic, and I really need to learn it. So I have no choice but to stay up and revise
Is this a wise decision and do I have a chance of getting a good grade? I also have a bigger exam next week which includes this topic and another topic so revising for all of this topic today would be better for me.

You’ve already mentioned that you have no choice but to stay up and revise. You also don’t want people to tell you that rest is important.
You seem set on your decision, so why exactly are you asking whether it’s a wise decision? It doesn’t seem like you will change your mind, even if we were to tell you to wing it.
No reason not to

If you haven’t revised then youll go in with a fresh mind of nothing lol
Reply 4
Original post by Hajora0505

Revise for your test but make sure to get AT LEAST 5 hours of sleep if you want to actually be able to function for the test tomorrow/retain any info
Original post by lylilu98
ok if its a mock then i wouldnt really worry about it, get some rest

it’s not a mock but i need good predicted grades cos i wanna do medicine or pharmacy
Original post by 5hyl33n
You’ve already mentioned that you have no choice but to stay up and revise. You also don’t want people to tell you that rest is important.
You seem set on your decision, so why exactly are you asking whether it’s a wise decision? It doesn’t seem like you will change your mind, even if we were to tell you to wing it.

i just wanna know if i would be able to do good or not in the exam without any sleep
Really wouldn’t advise it. I pulled an all nighter before my A level exam and actually thought I was gonna die during the exam. Felt faint, kept forgetting things, was completely disoriented etc. Another friend of mine pulled an all nighter for a less serious exam (a school mock) and despite being an A* student ended up w a D. Make of that what you will.
Original post by _Alevelstudent_
Really wouldn’t advise it. I pulled an all nighter before my A level exam and actually thought I was gonna die during the exam. Felt faint, kept forgetting things, was completely disoriented etc. Another friend of mine pulled an all nighter for a less serious exam (a school mock) and despite being an A* student ended up w a D. Make of that what you will.

But I would fail either way then. if i sleep instead of do this all nighter I will genuinely get a U. Maybe if i pull an all nighter i can scrap a C or something. But thanks for the advice
Reply 9
It probably not enough time to revise thoroughly and effectively anyway. But needs must, work late but still allow 5-6 hours sleep

Quick Reply

Latest