The Student Room Group

reapplying to medicine

hi guys, i am a year 13 student, and am planning on applying for sep 2024 entry due to my chemistry predicted grade. I am still going to apply for this cycle to neuroscience as a backup although would obviously not go to uni this year if my results are good. I have three questions about applying:
1) i am applying to kings for neuro and hope to apply to kings for medicine too in sept. will this potentially make my application for medicine weaker as kings could recognise my application for neuroscience and can see that i have got A*AB predicted grades this year, even though i will be applying with my real grades for medicine?
2) as my application to neuroscience was very unexpected, i have not been able to gather sufficient work exp for it and have had to use some of my medicine work exp. will unis realise that my work experiences are very similar and accuse me of plagiarism and reject me for when i apply for medicine?
3) will the school be able to see my offers and rejections through UCAS, or is this private?
thanks so much guys!!!
1) Unis recognise you can only apply to four medicine choices and won't prejudice a medicine application for applying to another course. Note the reverse is not necessarily true - the other course may well not accept a medicine PS and expect one relevant to that course, and reject you if you have a non-relevant PS.

2) You don't need work experience for neuroscience. I can't imagine your medicine work experience is really useful anyway. Has the uni stated you can apply with a different personal statement, which seems to be your assumption?

3) If you apply through your school's buzzword I think they can see it. If you apply as an independent applicant they won't. Either way it doesn't really matter - I assure you that your school has much better things to do than worry about where someone did or didn't apply or get rejected from, especially if they're a gap year applicant.
ok, thank you so much!!
Original post by artful_lounger
1) Unis recognise you can only apply to four medicine choices and won't prejudice a medicine application for applying to another course. Note the reverse is not necessarily true - the other course may well not accept a medicine PS and expect one relevant to that course, and reject you if you have a non-relevant PS.

2) You don't need work experience for neuroscience. I can't imagine your medicine work experience is really useful anyway. Has the uni stated you can apply with a different personal statement, which seems to be your assumption?

3) If you apply through your school's buzzword I think they can see it. If you apply as an independent applicant they won't. Either way it doesn't really matter - I assure you that your school has much better things to do than worry about where someone did or didn't apply or get rejected from, especially if they're a gap year applicant.

Quick Reply

Latest