The Student Room Group

Tips for revision?

Hey all,

First post here. Just made an account, so I was wondering to ask.

Since the 1st exam is mid-May, and we have few months, has anyone got any tips for revision?

As someone with a mild form of Autism, I struggle in revision and wanted to know some tips. I feel like I could do better and better, however I need to show this of course. I'm more of a practical person, so I don't do as well in exams.

For the subjects I take they are:
Maths
English Lit + English Lang
Science (Combined)
Computer Science
Business
History
French.

Anyone got any helpful tips for some or all of these subjects? If not, then anyone got advice on what to do for revision? Anything helps!

Thank you very much for reading.

Emu
Original post by emumanhonk
Hey all,

First post here. Just made an account, so I was wondering to ask.

Since the 1st exam is mid-May, and we have few months, has anyone got any tips for revision?

As someone with a mild form of Autism, I struggle in revision and wanted to know some tips. I feel like I could do better and better, however I need to show this of course. I'm more of a practical person, so I don't do as well in exams.

For the subjects I take they are:
Maths
English Lit + English Lang
Science (Combined)
Computer Science
Business
History
French.

Anyone got any helpful tips for some or all of these subjects? If not, then anyone got advice on what to do for revision? Anything helps!

Thank you very much for reading.

Emu

Hi for science the use of flash-cards can be really helpful for key formulas. As for English Literature and English Language as well as Mathematics dependant on exam board have you considered practicing past papers and sample exam questions or considered using Maths Genie, Mymaths, Mathswatch. Revision guides with workbooks can be bought with these with latest spec for you to be able to not only make notes but highlight key information and also practice questions. For computer science have you considered practicing coding, and for French whether that’s a speaking exam or written exam read through each paragraph memorising out loud, revise key terminology such as terms.
Reply 2
Original post by Mohammed_80
Hi for science the use of flash-cards can be really helpful for key formulas. As for English Literature and English Language as well as Mathematics dependant on exam board have you considered practicing past papers and sample exam questions or considered using Maths Genie, Mymaths, Mathswatch. Revision guides with workbooks can be bought with these with latest spec for you to be able to not only make notes but highlight key information and also practice questions. For computer science have you considered practicing coding, and for French whether that’s a speaking exam or written exam read through each paragraph memorising out loud, revise key terminology such as terms.

Hi,
ok! Yeah, they all sound good! To be honest, past papers are most likely the best way to go? And yeah, I was thinking about finding somewhere to revise, most likely my local library is the best bet. Thank you for the help!
Original post by emumanhonk
Hi,
ok! Yeah, they all sound good! To be honest, past papers are most likely the best way to go? And yeah, I was thinking about finding somewhere to revise, most likely my local library is the best bet. Thank you for the help!

Hello, not a problem glad I could help :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest