The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Change Courses at UCL

I applied to UCL for Computer Science however now I stumbled upon a new course called "Robotics and Artificial Intelligence" and upon reading the outline, I instantly regretted not putting it dow

They are both under the Department of Computer Science (idk if that makes it easier to change) and the robotics with ai course is brand new to UCL meaning I did not see it when I was applying. I applied to 3 other universities all with Computer Science and some form of AI, and I wish I saw that UCL had a AI course or else I would've just applied straight to it because I am really passionate about that one field in Computer Science.

My application was sent of before October so it is way past the 14 day change period.

What do you think the best approach would be to change courses. Keeping in mind that I have not received an offer yet from UCL.
Original post by Anonymous
I applied to UCL for Computer Science however now I stumbled upon a new course called "Robotics and Artificial Intelligence" and upon reading the outline, I instantly regretted not putting it dow

They are both under the Department of Computer Science (idk if that makes it easier to change) and the robotics with ai course is brand new to UCL meaning I did not see it when I was applying. I applied to 3 other universities all with Computer Science and some form of AI, and I wish I saw that UCL had a AI course or else I would've just applied straight to it because I am really passionate about that one field in Computer Science.

My application was sent of before October so it is way past the 14 day change period.

What do you think the best approach would be to change courses. Keeping in mind that I have not received an offer yet from UCL.

I would like to add that this is in an undergraduate application on UCAS!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Hi, I’m applying for the same course and haven’t received any decision for my application yet, so if you email the Uni and ask if you can apply for the course/ try calling UCAS to substituTw a choice, there’s a chance you could get in. I’m hoping to call them on Monday to see if I can change one of my other courses, I’ll see how that goes too.

good luck!

You could change it if you get an offer for your current course - Computer Science. They might allow the change but the seats available for the course is quite limited from what I have heard? What are your predicted grades and personal statement like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending