This discussion is closed.
ladyshort4u
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hi :tsr:

Basically, I have a problem. For the past 3 weeks Ive been having major problems in sleeping. Like I can't get to sleep until about 2 or 3am on a college night and then I wake up at least twice during the night and then I have to wake up at 7am for college. Every night I always get up at least twice either to piss or to get some water or something. For the past 3 weeks I have not had one night where I can sleep the whole night peacefully and get up fresh in the morning. I've tried to sleep early but I just lay in bed and finally get to sleep at around 2ish and then I keep waking up. Anyone got any solutions on how to get a perfect nights sleep. I have so much work on my plate, I can't afford to be falling asleep in class and at work!! Let me know guys if you have any solutions...

Thanx

Love Ladyshort
lost_puppy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh man, I've that this problem for ages. I mean, I feel tired but don't have the urge to sleep till about 3 or 4 on a school night as you said. The only way I can properly sleep now is to listen to a radio all night, to bore me to sleep.

Another thing would be to cut down on excessive caffeine, I know I should...
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
(Original post by Krysa)
Oh man, I've that this problem for ages. I mean, I feel tired but don't have the urge to sleep till about 3 or 4 on a school night as you said. The only way I can properly sleep now is to listen to a radio all night, to bore me to sleep.

Another thing would be to cut down on excessive caffeine, I know I should...

yeh...I've been trying the radio thing too but It doesn't work and I don't drink coffee so that's not the problem. I hardly drink anything with caffeine so I have no idea what to except counting sheep - haha - which trust me I've tried too.
F1 fanatic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ladyshort4u)

Basically, I have a problem. For the past 3 weeks Ive been having major problems in sleeping. Like I can't get to sleep until about 2 or 3am on a college night and then I wake up at least twice during the night and then I have to wake up at 7am for college. Every night I always get up at least twice either to piss or to get some water or something. For the past 3 weeks I have not had one night where I can sleep the whole night peacefully and get up fresh in the morning. I've tried to sleep early but I just lay in bed and finally get to sleep at around 2ish and then I keep waking up. Anyone got any solutions on how to get a perfect nights sleep. I have so much work on my plate, I can't afford to be falling asleep in class and at work!! Let me know guys if you have any solutions...

Thanx

Love Ladyshort
It sounds really weird but have you tried listening to childrens story tapes? That always helps me get to sleep because its sort of ... peaceful & doesn't require any thought. I also find that if you breath really slowly & deeply & snuggle down a bit I go to sleep quicker. I dont know if that helps. One more thing you could try. Read a really boring textbook before you go to bed. It works wonders!
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I get my boyfriend to explain the rules of football or to name all the liverpool players over the past 20 years to me when I'm having problems sleeping. Seem to nod off so much faster!
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I sleep late like 2 or something like that and wake up couple of times during the night like 3 times or something and then finally wake up at 8/9 for noreason just because I woke up ,today I slept at 2 am woke up at 8:40 and forced my self to sleep woke up at 9:40 forced my self to sleep and woke up at 11:40 which is like the maximu I can sleep...I used to wake up at 1 pm or something like that
Kalypso
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Thanx

Love Ladyshort
try having a cup of herbal tea (camomile is good; if you can find it, the one i fully recommend is from the Boots Botanics range, called 'time for bed') before you go to bed - i've had the same problem and for the last week i've been drinking a cup of tea in bed whilst reading, and it's really helped. it's stopped all problems with getting to sleep, waking up in the night...:sleep:
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
omg :tsr:

You have to help! Last night was terrible. I even drank some tea altho not herbal. I've tried everything. I had basketball practice at 7am this morning and when I finally fell asleep at 6am, I woke up at like 8am running hugely late for college. I wear lenses as I have very bad vision so I put them in and my eyes burned like hell because my eyes are so tired, my whole body is tired. Is it just me that has this problem?? If this carries on, my grades are going to severely drop and that is really really really not a good thing...

PLEASE HELP ME GET A :goodnight AND GET SOME :sleep:

:aetsch:

Love Ladyshort
Makavelli_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've had just over a week off of college due to a serious football injury, and i'll probably not go back this week either. So i haven't been sleeping properly either. I stay up til this time, maybe an hour later(3:30-4:30am) and then sleep right through until 2pm.

When i go back to college i'm going to suffer really bad, though.
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
I've had just over a week off of college due to a serious football injury, and i'll probably not go back this week either. So i haven't been sleeping properly either. I stay up til this time, maybe an hour later(3:30-4:30am) and then sleep right through until 2pm.

When i go back to college i'm going to suffer really bad, though.

Yeh trust me bad sleeping patterns mess you up totally - for me I'm in India right now, so it's like 9.15am here but I just woke up at 8am and went to sleep at 6am meaning I even missed my bball practice which sucks coz i'm the captain and I'm the one that said we should have practice in the morning to keep the team's endurance levels up! oh me and my dumb ideas - sleep is really ruining a lot of things for me and there seems to be no solution!
katiesado
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
why not buy some sleeping pills?
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by katiesado)
why not buy some sleeping pills?
Just don't get hooked on 'em.
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
(Original post by englishstudent)
Just don't get hooked on 'em.

haha yeh tru!! But my fiance is against me taking sleeping pills - he doesn't agree with me taking them!
Kalypso
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I even drank some tea altho not herbal.
it has to be herbal tea not normal tea - regular tea will just be a dose of caffeine before you go to bed,and that's the last thing you want!
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
(Original post by grey faerie)
it has to be herbal tea not normal tea - regular tea will just be a dose of caffeine before you go to bed,and that's the last thing you want!

my fiance told me to drink some warm milk before sleeping - do u think this would help - i'm not a big tea drinker and i don't like herbal tea altho at this point i'll give anything a try!!! But if Milk helps then that would be better?
Kalypso
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
my fiance told me to drink some warm milk before sleeping - do u think this would help - i'm not a big tea drinker and i don't like herbal tea altho at this point i'll give anything a try!!! But if Milk helps then that would be better?
milk might help, but the only effect of it would be to perhaps relax you before you went to sleep. herbal teas that contain camomile are a mild natural sedative, so the effect of that should be greater.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.01%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.43%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.09%
It might lead to more bullying (145)
39.08%
There's nothing they could do (109)
29.38%

Watched Threads