The Student Room Logo

Cambridge August Reconsideration Pool 2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Pembroke Rep
Hi all, there will probably be a bit of a delay with the outcome of the August Reconsideration Pool - you will still hear today but probably later than 16:30 - it's been a busy day for us! Very sorry to keep you all waiting, and best of luck!

if you don't mind me asking, how long is later?
I have eaten one hand, now start eating the second
Original post by sciencegcsesss
Ahhh that’s actually so cool to meet someone who is so alike! I feel a really similar way. Congrats on LSE bevause that’s sick. Do you think you’ll go to Cambridge if you get an offer through the pool?

right back at you! idk…i feel like i’d probably go to cambridge bc i’ve lived in london all my life so a change would be nice (esp bc of the lower prices lol) but i don’t fully know yet - i love LSE as well haha

what about you?
Original post by Anonymous

lmao, what did you apply for?
Reply 84

ive already eaten both of mine and my belly is having crazy fluctuations
lmao, what did you apply for?

cambridge maths
Original post by exampleas
ive already eaten both of mine and my belly is having crazy fluctuations

i might try and nap tbh, the wait is killing me (esp bc idk how long it’s going to be)
if you don't mind me asking, how long is later?

I don't have an exact timeframe I'm afraid, but probably after 6pm.
I don't have an exact timeframe I'm afraid, but probably after 6pm.

Same as the summer pool? Is other college on the same time frame ?
Reply 89
Same as the summer pool? Is other college on the same time frame ?

This always runs late.You could be hearing up to 9 or 9.30 pm tonight if other years are to go by.Have something to eat.Keep your phone charged and do something relaxing.Said with love.
Original post by lalexm
I remember you from the Cambridge application thread. Best of luck. I'm rooting for you.

Aw thank you that’s very kind of u
right back at you! idk…i feel like i’d probably go to cambridge bc i’ve lived in london all my life so a change would be nice (esp bc of the lower prices lol) but i don’t fully know yet - i love LSE as well haha

what about you?

Ah that’s cool. I really feel that London prices comment:redface: but I swear I’ve heard that Cambridge is really expensive too😬
idk but I’m leaning towards LSE because of the location, focus on careers and that ive already made friends with LSE incoming first-years. Tbh if I get it I will reject Cambridge as revenge for them rejecting me in January:colone:
I’m. A medic and my firm choice is imperial , my mom kinda told me to apply to this just to see what happens but I’m super happy with imperial and my friends got in too so I’m nkt ehen sure what ill do if i were to be accepted , I’ll probably have an existential crisis

Wow that’s amazing huge well done! Like someone else said, I think the best thing to do would be to just say you’ve been rejected and to go to imperial because imperial is on par with Cambridge, and with medicine prestige doesn’t matter since they’re all the same (as far as I’m aware). Gl
Original post by Scotney
This always runs late.You could be hearing up to 9 or 9.30 pm tonight if other years are to go by.Have something to eat.Keep your phone charged and do something relaxing.Said with love.

do people hear at different times?
Ah that’s cool. I really feel that London prices comment:redface: but I swear I’ve heard that Cambridge is really expensive too😬
idk but I’m leaning towards LSE because of the location, focus on careers and that ive already made friends with LSE incoming first-years. Tbh if I get it I will reject Cambridge as revenge for them rejecting me in January:colone:

Also gl for the pool! :smile:
do people hear at different times?

Yes, if you are given an offer it will depend on the individual College. If you are not made an offer this decision will likely go out at the same time - although I make no guarantees.
Also gl for the pool! :smile:

same to you😊😊 we will smash it wherever we go
same to you😊😊 we will smash it wherever we go

Prsom
Reply 98
Yes, if you are given an offer it will depend on the individual College. If you are not made an offer this decision will likely go out at the same time - although I make no guarantees.

they can either email or phone call you right if they made you an offer?
(edited 3 months ago)
they can either email or phone call you right if they made you an offer?

If you are made an offer you will receive a phone call from your College, followed up by an email. I'm unsure on which method of communication will be used for those not made an offer as this is being handled centrally, rather than by individual Colleges. Best to keep an eye on your phone and your emails.

Quick Reply

Latest