The Student Room Group

Wider reading for A level psychology

What resources (books, websites, preferably online) do you recommend for wider reading for psychology? My teacher says that wider reading makes it easier for the future exams (unseen text) and I want to study psychology in the future as well
I've linked the cambridge reading list for you here (it has other stuff too, not just books!). For help with the A Level, look at the course modules e.g Attachment, and you can search up books related to attachments and psychology, also Google Scholar can help you find research into particular topics :smile: I do think that this can broaden your understanding of a topic.

e.g I found this https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/14616730210154216?journalCode=rahd20 about bowlby's theory of attachment in a couple minutes, so use google scholar and see what you can find! :biggrin:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by aspir0r
I've linked the cambridge reading list for you here (it has other stuff too, not just books!). For help with the A Level, look at the course modules e.g Attachment, and you can search up books related to attachments and psychology, also Google Scholar can help you find research into particular topics :smile: I do think that this can broaden your understanding of a topic.

e.g I found this https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/14616730210154216?journalCode=rahd20 about bowlby's theory of attachment in a couple minutes, so use google scholar and see what you can find! :biggrin:

Thank you so much for your help! :smile:
Reply 3
Gross's psychology book is good.
Original post by amazingwafflesz
What resources (books, websites, preferably online) do you recommend for wider reading for psychology? My teacher says that wider reading makes it easier for the future exams (unseen text) and I want to study psychology in the future as well

Hey definitely recommended becoming being familiar with the BPS website (the BPS is also what you need to make sure your degree is accredited too if u want to do psych at uni) - the research digest section is really interesting has articles and new findings of contemporary research in psych- these articles could be included in ur personal statement and is just genuinely interesting to read!

Quick Reply

Latest