The Student Room Group

Spanish IRP- independent research project

Hey everyone, im doing my IRP about the influence of arabs on spanish culture and ive found alot of different facts and ideas i want to say but i have no idea how to start writting.I ususally like to go by answering questions in my speeches but i cant find anything to do with this topic that will allow me to do that. Do you have any tips or pinters to look out for?
I'm going to level with you and tell you that I never did write anything down more than a couple of bullet points and I improvised every time I did my IRP. I achieved A* in Spanish with this strategy, but I'm a nutcase so I wouldn't follow on my footsteps if I were you. But the capacity to improvise is a must because of the question section, you never know what the examiner will ask you.

A friend of mine who also did Spanish IRP just sat down one day and started to write the roughest of drafts for his speech, putting things in a somewhat coherent order, and then he kept going back to his draft and improving it till it became the real thing. He practiced a lot his speech with the Spanish speaking assistant who was incredibly helpful in suggesting ways to improve it, and he also practiced a lot with me and I with him.

So I guess you should just write what you want to say first, doesn't even have to be in a coherent order, just write things that pop on your head, then go back and rearrange it so it makes some sense and add things, and most importantly, practice. With your teachers, the Spanish speaking assistant and/or your friends who do Spanish. That's the best way to improve on your speech and it's how my friend and I perfected our IRPs and gave killer speeches : )
Reply 2
Original post by janaaaaaaaa
Hey everyone, im doing my IRP about the influence of arabs on spanish culture and ive found alot of different facts and ideas i want to say but i have no idea how to start writting.I ususally like to go by answering questions in my speeches but i cant find anything to do with this topic that will allow me to do that. Do you have any tips or pinters to look out for?

Hi, im native spanish speaker, im doing also my IRP for Spanish, I have some info ab your irp when I was studying gcse here in Spain, you can have a look in this:
https://www.donquijote.org/es/tradiciones/influencia-arabe/
https://www.superprof.es/blog/influencia-musulmana-en-espana/
https://www.muyinteresante.es/historia/36486.html
Reply 3
For my IRP there's 12 marks for presentation then 30 marks for the conversation that goes on after, I dont know if it the same but for presentation you have max 2 minutes and structure it like this

1. He basado mi proyecto en dos articulos ...... you say same them and who wrote them
2. Explain first articule
3. Explain the second articule
4. Give your own opinion on both articules

And then for the rest you give the examiner a form detailing 6-10 sections you'd like to discuss about two months b4 exam and from there on the day of exam the examiner will go on to these sections you provided and its gets marked to the effect of your irp to broader Spanish social culture or something like that and the use of language and if you have the ability to take lead in the conversation.

But the irp is task 2 of speaking there's task 1 which is you talk about one of the 12 topics you've learnt during alevel.

Hopefully this gives you an idea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending