The Student Room Group

Acne moisturizer

I'm a 19 year old man and I'm not very good with skincare my current routine suggested by someone is cleanser niacinamide then my duac cream and moisturiser for both morning and night. I have combination skin I think although I'm a bit more on the oily side. My skin is very acne prone and sensitive so can someone please suggest a good moisturizer and SPF to use for my skin thanks because the moisturiser I'm using right now isn't too good and I'm not using SPF right now. I tried cerave SPF, cleanser and moisturizer and for some reason I break out when I use it. I don't know if it's cerave or Amazon because I noticed some skincare products I get from Amazon make me break out when they were really good when I. Bought them in store. Thanks
You could add an exfoliator into your routine that you do once or twice a week, don't want to do it too often or else it'll dry your skin out. If your skin is oily and sensitive, you could find a moisturiser for sensitive skin but use hyaluronic acid before, can be found from The Ordinary. Niacinamide is good for acne, I use it, but it can sting sometimes either due to acne or just the skin is sensitive, I only use it on concentrated places where my acne is bad and stop using it when my skin clears up. What I use are cerave SA renewing cleanser, cerave SA smoothing cream, and a niacinamide serum that I use occasionally. I also use some sort of AHA + BHA exfoliator, you can find on The Ordinary. I use the cerave products daily but the other two, rarely, when my skin is really bad. So I think you could keep using what you use and maybe buy them in store, but if it really affects your skin's sensitivity, switch out or replace with something hydrating. To be honest, I focus on the ingredients rather than the brand, but I trust cerave, inkeylist, and the ordinary for affordable and good products.

I don't use SPF even though I should but I heard supergoop is really good although its pricey.
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Facial Moisturizer- Best for Oily Skin · 2. Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Absorbing Moisturizer- Dermatologist-tested
Also, you can try natural skincare product at first to help your skin gain back its moisture. Then you can consult for the best skin care product that best suits you
Original post by willyw0nka
You could add an exfoliator into your routine that you do once or twice a week, don't want to do it too often or else it'll dry your skin out. If your skin is oily and sensitive, you could find a moisturiser for sensitive skin but use hyaluronic acid before, can be found from The Ordinary. Niacinamide is good for acne, I use it, but it can sting sometimes either due to acne or just the skin is sensitive, I only use it on concentrated places where my acne is bad and stop using it when my skin clears up. What I use are cerave SA renewing cleanser, cerave SA smoothing cream, and a niacinamide serum that I use occasionally. I also use some sort of AHA + BHA exfoliator, you can find on The Ordinary. I use the cerave products daily but the other two, rarely, when my skin is really bad. So I think you could keep using what you use and maybe buy them in store, but if it really affects your skin's sensitivity, switch out or replace with something hydrating. To be honest, I focus on the ingredients rather than the brand, but I trust cerave, inkeylist, and the ordinary for affordable and good products.

I don't use SPF even though I should but I heard supergoop is really good although its pricey.

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream Facial Moisturiser for Dry and Dehydrated Skin 50ml would this be a good moisturizer for me? Also what does niacinamide actually do I've used it a few days now and am not seeing much of a difference
Original post by elixirhtc
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Facial Moisturizer- Best for Oily Skin · 2. Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Absorbing Moisturizer- Dermatologist-tested

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream Facial Moisturiser for Dry and Dehydrated Skin 50ml would this be a good moisturizer for me?
Original post by Anonymous
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream Facial Moisturiser for Dry and Dehydrated Skin 50ml would this be a good moisturizer for me? Also what does niacinamide actually do I've used it a few days now and am not seeing much of a difference

I haven't tried that specific moisturiser tbh. Niacinamide is an anti-inflammatory ingredient and helps protect your skin from moisture loss and dehydration.

Quick Reply