The Student Room Group

Anyone ever been dumped for mental health resasons?

Two months after we started dating we broke up due to his mental health. He didn't want to drag me down with him so he let me go. I was devastated and I still miss him, but the heartbreak has dissipated a lot. He's still processing the breakup so he doesn't want to speak to me a lot right now, but I'm hoping one day we can mend things, at least to the friend status. While our relationship wasn't perfect, we made one another really happy. I hope one day we can find that again even if it will be different.
He clearly isn't feeling great...maybe just give him space and time and let him figure everything he needs to figure out, on his own. Just reassure him and let him know that if he needs someone to talk to, as a friend, that you are there for him.
I had this and he blamed his mental health. I just think he used it as an excuse in his case and said he needed to be selfish…despite being utterly selfish through out the whole relationship.
Original post by Anonymous
I had this and he blamed his mental health. I just think he used it as an excuse in his case and said he needed to be selfish…despite being utterly selfish through out the whole relationship.

I'm so sorry, that's awful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending