The Student Room Group

A level psychology revision

I am currently in year 13, I’m currently at a C and I wish to be at either a B or an A when exam starts. I’ve been using uplearn to help me revise. Can anyone who’s done AQA psychology tell me how you revised.
Loads of 16 markers, if you can answer a 16 marker confidently you can answer all the smaller answer questions. It’s all well and good doing 1/2 marks but that info is generally needed in the 16 so practise them constantly. It does get tedious and boring but when you are finessing the long answer questions everything becomes easier.
Learn to link your points together, certain bits of evaluation can be used for most questions and don’t really need to be learnt aka validity, animal study issues, ethics etc apply them to everything for padding then you can include your more focussed researchers and in-depth evaluation points.

I got an A* for reference.
heyyy did a level psych 2 years ago and got an A*. do loads and loads of exam questions and get ur teacher to mark them. you can even make ur own 12/16 markers because if I remember accurately the 16 markers were just 'evaluate the xxxx' . the way I revised was
1. learn and understand the info
2. memorise
3. practice through questions
to memorise I would literally just talk to the wall or another person about what I had studied. this was particularly good for 16 mark essay plans where you need to know the AO1's and AO3's for each subtopic. once you've memorised the points etc, practice by doing exam questions/essay questions. I recommend timing yourself for the 12 and 16 mark questions.
Reply 3
Original post by ALEreapp
Loads of 16 markers, if you can answer a 16 marker confidently you can answer all the smaller answer questions. It’s all well and good doing 1/2 marks but that info is generally needed in the 16 so practise them constantly. It does get tedious and boring but when you are finessing the long answer questions everything becomes easier.
Learn to link your points together, certain bits of evaluation can be used for most questions and don’t really need to be learnt aka validity, animal study issues, ethics etc apply them to everything for padding then you can include your more focussed researchers and in-depth evaluation points.

I got an A* for reference.

Original post by marble arch
heyyy did a level psych 2 years ago and got an A*. do loads and loads of exam questions and get ur teacher to mark them. you can even make ur own 12/16 markers because if I remember accurately the 16 markers were just 'evaluate the xxxx' . the way I revised was
1. learn and understand the info
2. memorise
3. practice through questions
to memorise I would literally just talk to the wall or another person about what I had studied. this was particularly good for 16 mark essay plans where you need to know the AO1's and AO3's for each subtopic. once you've memorised the points etc, practice by doing exam questions/essay questions. I recommend timing yourself for the 12 and 16 mark questions.

Thank you for answering. I will definitely do more 16 markers. I think the one thing I’m having trouble with is retaining the information which is definitely why I’m failing.
I agree with the advice above, in terms of retaining information it sounds basic but genuinely flashcards/spaced repetition/blurting is so so good for learning info (AO1 or 3) - id recommend quizlet and Seneca, id also have a look at physicsandmathstutor because they have a big bank of psychology a level questions from each area of the course. good luck!!

Quick Reply