The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

btec IT level 3 student switching to nursing degree course in uni

Hi everyone im currently a BTEC IT levle 3 student on my last year and going off to uni I am planning to switch course in UNI to study nursing instead is it possible for me to do that considering Im a BTEC student with possibility to get D*DD
Original post by jens00n45
Hi everyone im currently a BTEC IT levle 3 student on my last year and going off to uni I am planning to switch course in UNI to study nursing instead is it possible for me to do that considering Im a BTEC student with possibility to get D*DD

Potentially, yes. You'll need to hunt around for unis that will accept an IT BTEC for their Nursing degree

For example, Nottingham say here they they accept "BTEC level 3 National Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
BTEC level 3 National Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care (Health Studies)
BTEC level 3 National Extended Diploma in Applied Science"

However, they they go on to say that "This list is not exhaustive and we may accept BTECs other than those listed. For individual advice, please contact us."

Oddly, Sheffield Hallam say here that they want 112 UCAS points "From A levels or equivalent BTEC National qualifications." Specifically, "DMM in BTEC Extended Diploma." They don't appear to care which subjects have been studied.

There are clearly quite a few nursing degrees around the country. There's no easy way to tell which which take what type of BTEC, other then checking then one by one.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by jens00n45

Hi there,

I hope you're well. At Coventry University, we are proud to boast high ranking Nursing courses, feel free to have a look at the range of nursing courses we provide here - https://www.coventry.ac.uk/search/?search=&contentType=newcoursepage&sl=140_&sch=1266

If you are predicted to get a D*DD, you would be eligible to apply for Adult Nursing (to name one), if you are able to fulfil this condition, as our grade expectations for this course are DMM. Coventry University is a fantastic place, and I am sure you will love it here. Best of luck!

Kind regards,

- Tash
Yes you can, all you need is to go through different university websites and check that accepts BTEC e.g sheffield hallam,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending