The Student Room Group

Terrified about asthma and can’t stop worrying

I keep worrying about having an asthma attack. I am being tested for it (as I have nasal/sinus issues) and a family history of it. I have read stories though about people suddenly dying from asthma attacks and I feel terrified.
I don’t know how people deal with it everyday

What leas emote I don’t mean to scare anyone I know it is me with the issue but I guess I don’t know how to put things in perspective to calm myself down
How soon will you get your results?

I think a solid plan would help if you feel breathless. Are you at home or university?
Original post by Oxfordbound
How soon will you get your results?

I think a solid plan would help if you feel breathless. Are you at home or university?

At home, still awaiting the tests
I did ask for the tests to be fair as several things make me worry-
constant low peak flow (usually 290-300) doctors say it is low
chronic rhinitis with polyps (non allergic) for the past decade (apparantly this increases the risk and severity of asthma)
family history (my dad has the nose condition and asthma)
I have developed a cough at night especially when I breath deeper than usual
I have had a sensation of not getting enough air (having to take a deep breath) for months throughout the day

I was trialled on a brown inhaler for a month but it didn’t change peak flow or symptoms. So I don’t know.

I suppose it is more the fear of having another condition to worry about that bothers me as I know how bad my sinuses can get I get very anxious when they swell up as it affects my throat too

Quick Reply

Latest