The Student Room Group

help please

Explain the key digital tools and digital marketing platforms, Digital Marketing Mix (7PS’) and explores the impact of digital marketing andsocial media on the traditional marketing mix of goods and services.
Original post by filly07
Explain the key digital tools and digital marketing platforms, Digital Marketing Mix (7PS’) and explores the impact of digital marketing andsocial media on the traditional marketing mix of goods and services.

I haven't studied digital marketing academically (probably for the better), but I have studied marketing academically so I should be able to give pointers.

By default, you should always look at the material that you were given in your A Level or degree module. Irrespective of how valid other people's opinions are, we are not the ones giving you the marks. I might be able to write a long winded essay on how valid my points and until I am blue in the face, but the person giving you the marks can be stubborn and arrogant enough to dismiss them regardless. Go by what you are taught.

As per TSR policies, I cannot give you the direct answers so I can only give you pointers (it would also be unfair on me to do all the work for you).

Explain the key digital tools and digital marketing platforms
In my opinion the key platforms are:

TikTok

YouTube, Google

Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp

The less important platforms include: SnapChat, Twitter, Quora, Pinterest, LinkedIn
For a fuller list, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_social_networking_services, https://influencermarketinghub.com/social-media-sites/

In my opinion, digital tools include:

PPC marketing

Social media marketing

Content marketing (including blogs, podcasts)

Sale funnel

Email marketing

SEO

Web analytics

Webinars and Live videos (and possibly include "online conferencing")

Digital Marketing Mix (7PS’)
I swear they are just unnecessarily adding more Ps to the marketing mix until they run out of P words and just calling the 7Ps under a different name (rebranding). According to the following (https://engaiodigital.com/online-marketing-mix/#:~:text=The%20marketing%20mix%20traditionally%20consists,Also%20called%20the%20four%20P's), you have the folowing:

Product

Price

Place

Promotion

People

Process

Physical evidence.

impact of digital marketing andsocial media on the traditional marketing mix of goods and services
Key pointts I would include are:

Online marketing has allowed leverage for small businesses to be compete with big players on equal grounds (and in some cases come out on top)

If businesses are not online, they are at risk of being wiped out

Traditional expensive means of marketing are being weeded out for something significantly cheaper and far more effective

Traditional means do not allow for much targeting other than geographically. The new means allow you to be laser targeted based on very targeted demographics

Traditional means were usually more like one way streets (either you like it or you turn it off). The new means are a lot more interactive.

You can now more accurately measure your marketing efforts whereas in the past it was a lot more difficult

Products do not necessarily need to be physical now

The traditional means cannot be easily customised for the customer, but the new means are a lot more tailored

You can now access an international market far more easily as well as an international workforce

The old school of marketing have implied the one with the biggest budget wins; the new school says the one that's the most relevant wins

Traditional marketing involve billboards, newspaper ads, TV ads, radio ads, etc. New means include videos, email, posts, etc. A lot fo the things are still the same though: copywriting, influencer endorsements, use of ads, polls, surveys.

I would work through each of the Ps and compare and contrast the old and new means of marketing using the tools and platforms as examples to illustrate your point.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending