The Student Room Group

Gsces and eating disorder

Hi,I have my gsces in 3 months and I’m failing due to food being on my mind all the time. Constantly sick and having no energy. Unable to concentrate etc . I have tried to talk to my parents , a doctor and school but my mum is convincing them it’s my “anxiety” when I know it Definetely is not. I have no idea what to do. What will happen about my gsces if I get help elsewhere ? Any advice is appreciated
Reply 1
Original post by Elp07
Hi,I have my gsces in 3 months and I’m failing due to food being on my mind all the time. Constantly sick and having no energy. Unable to concentrate etc . I have tried to talk to my parents , a doctor and school but my mum is convincing them it’s my “anxiety” when I know it Definetely is not. I have no idea what to do. What will happen about my gsces if I get help elsewhere ? Any advice is appreciated

What do you mean by food is constantly on your mind? And what do you mean by constantly sick?

I relate to the having no energy. The way I cope with it is ensuring I get 8 hours of sleep, sleeping at the same time every day and waking up at the same time and trying to stay active by doing chores and walking during break time. I’ve got GCSEs in 3 months too and we’ll get through this together. Just doing the hoover most morning sort of transformed my life, I always felt lethargic when I went to school in the mornings but the sort of mindset “I’m tired, I can’t do it” won’t help, it almost reinforces those negative emotions. If you decide to say one day “I can do it, I’m just saying I can’t” and do something that requires some energy, you might feel energised and rejuvenated as a result of it like I did.

You need to take care of yourself too. I found this out the hard way, always worked during the holidays and weekends to stay ahead of things. The weekends and holidays are for resting. That’s it. Rest, you work throughout the week every single day and your body needs some rest.

Let me know if I can be of any more use.
Reply 2
Original post by subbhy
What do you mean by food is constantly on your mind? And what do you mean by constantly sick?

I relate to the having no energy. The way I cope with it is ensuring I get 8 hours of sleep, sleeping at the same time every day and waking up at the same time and trying to stay active by doing chores and walking during break time. I’ve got GCSEs in 3 months too and we’ll get through this together. Just doing the hoover most morning sort of transformed my life, I always felt lethargic when I went to school in the mornings but the sort of mindset “I’m tired, I can’t do it” won’t help, it almost reinforces those negative emotions. If you decide to say one day “I can do it, I’m just saying I can’t” and do something that requires some energy, you might feel energised and rejuvenated as a result of it like I did.

You need to take care of yourself too. I found this out the hard way, always worked during the holidays and weekends to stay ahead of things. The weekends and holidays are for resting. That’s it. Rest, you work throughout the week every single day and your body needs some rest.

Let me know if I can be of any more use.

Sorry if it didn’t make sense before by food being of my mind I meant like calories , weight , how to burn calories , weight , throwing up , etc. and by constantly being sick I meant like bruising face , bone and joint pains , dizziness , can’t sleep , feeling like I’m going to throw up , sharp abdominal pain. (I thgout I added this sorry) thanks for ur response .
HI.

I wonder whether a lot of what you are feeling is related to you being pre occupied with food and your relationship with food. Are your actually making yourself sick?
Gcses require energy and good self care which is being made difficult by your relationship with food - would you agree?
Therefore getting support regarding this may help. And it seems like your taking steps towards this. Worth considering, speaking to your GP without your mum being there which your entitles to?
Speaking to school, you can speak to them without mum, they may inform mum but i think for you reading the message the hindrance is being able to put your point across and heard without your mums view of its anxiety over powering.
Again your dizziness, pains can be due to food - talking from experience.

You'll get through this!

Quick Reply

Latest