The Student Room Group

Girton Offerholders 2023

Hi all,
My name is Aimee and I have a place at Girton for archaeology. I thought it might be nice to have a space where we can get to know each other and talk about our excitement, our worries etc...
Hi! I'm Charlie and I have an offer for bio nat sci. How do you feel about Girton? Did you apply directly or get pooled? (I got pooled but honestly, after looking into it I like Girton more than my original college!)
wsg im xian and ive got a law offer, went open application because i didnt think i'd actually get in :biggrin:

you guys going to the offer holder day on the 25th?
Original post by hhgr8g4we
wsg im xian and ive got a law offer, went open application because i didnt think i'd actually get in :biggrin:

you guys going to the offer holder day on the 25th?

I considered it, but I live ~4 hours away so it didn't seem worth it. However, I think I will book a tour (it said you could do so in the email about the offer day) so my mum and I can see the college before September
Reply 4
Hi! I’m a first-year law student at Girton! Feel free to ask me anything about the college/Cambridge and I’ll do my best to answer!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I’m a first-year law student at Girton! Feel free to ask me anything about the college/Cambridge and I’ll do my best to answer!

Hey, I was just wondering when you find out about what room you've got, and what happens on moving in day/Freshers week?
Thanks!
Reply 6
Original post by Emmmaaaa...
Hey, I was just wondering when you find out about what room you've got, and what happens on moving in day/Freshers week?
Thanks!

Hey! We didn’t actually find out what room we got until we collected our key from the porters on the first day! But I believe that if you get an en-suite you are told slightly sooner, although this tends to be people with allergies in first-year.

Usually, on move in day the freshers committee will be there to help you settle in and there will be a BBQ in the afternoon. Followed by a bop (disco) in the evening, which is usually themed to help everyone get to know each other.

Freshers week is fantastic fun! There’s a mix of alcoholic (clubbing) and non-alcoholic ( murder mystery around college) activities throughout the week. However, lectures in Cambridge always start on the Thursday (idk why?) so do be prepared to have some work to do that week.

I hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

Hi! I was just wondering if there's any advice to future law students at girton? what am I supposed to do over this summer + is there anything else I can be expecting?

Quick Reply