The Student Room Group

GCSE history

Is it possible to go from a 2 to a 6 in GCSE history in 3 months
Definitely! There are a few key areas for History and other essay subjects that can be easily improved to help boost your grade up to a 6. One key thing is the essay writing style which may lead you being capped at grade 4
Look up revision methods and try and find which ones work for you.
To help you better, could you please tell me which exam board and units you are studying? I did Edexcel medicine, Elizabethan and Weimar Germany (no Cold War due to Corona)
Try and probe your teacher for feedback and the more specific the better!
Good luck :smile:
Original post by Wadublae
Definitely! There are a few key areas for History and other essay subjects that can be easily improved to help boost your grade up to a 6. One key thing is the essay writing style which may lead you being capped at grade 4
Look up revision methods and try and find which ones work for you.
To help you better, could you please tell me which exam board and units you are studying? I did Edexcel medicine, Elizabethan and Weimar Germany (no Cold War due to Corona)
Try and probe your teacher for feedback and the more specific the better!
Good luck :smile:

I did Edexcel Medicice, Weimar Germany, Anglo Saxon and Cold War
Original post by username6071524
I did Edexcel Medicice, Weimar Germany, Anglo Saxon and Cold War

Ahhh okay - those are pretty good topics - if you want revision help you might benefit from timelines, past papers/example questions, flash cards of key information but you just need to find out what is holding you back from getting a better grade in GCSEs - you might have the knowledge but your essay structure may not be up to scratch or vice versa - good luck and I hope you get your desired grade! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by username6071524
Is it possible to go from a 2 to a 6 in GCSE history in 3 months

probably just make sure you know the strucutre of how to do questions and maybe make mindmaps on like every topic and keep going over them until you know them . or maybe flashcards could help? but defo 3 months is a lot

Quick Reply

Latest