The Student Room Group

Aston Uni or BCU for psychology undergraduate course

Hi all, I have just received offers for psychology and counselling undergraduate course at both Aston and BCU for the intake in Sep 2023.
I would like to know which uni is better in term of grate and student satisfaction as well as graduate outcome.

I love the fact that Aston Uni has its own swimming pool. :smile:
Thank you in advance for your opinions!
Original post by Jenny TT
Hi all, I have just received offers for psychology and counselling undergraduate course at both Aston and BCU for the intake in Sep 2023.
I would like to know which uni is better in term of grate and student satisfaction as well as graduate outcome.

I love the fact that Aston Uni has its own swimming pool. :smile:
Thank you in advance for your opinions!

As Aston University doesn't offer a "psychology and counselling undergraduate course", I assume you mean their standard Psychology BSc (UCAS code C800). Is that right?

You can see graduate outcomes (from the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education Survey and the Longitudinal Educational Outcomes dataset) and student satisfaction (from the National Student Survey) at the links below. Note that the graduate outcomes and student satisfaction data are for Psychology generally, not specifically for Psychology and Counselling in the case of BCU.

Psychology (non-specific) at Aston University
Psychology (non-specific) at Birmingham City University

Overall student satisfaction is very similar (78% vs. 81%), as is the proportion of graduates employed in a role where degree was essential or beneficial (52% vs. 49%). So if you were hoping to use this data to decide which to firm, it looks like you're out of luck. I say go for the swimming pool at Aston! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending