The Student Room Group

what's a bad purchase decision you made recently?

the cheetos i picked up from the shop are actually a fancy american import and cost me £5 :frown:
I bought all seasons of Red Dwarf on DVD on a whim a couple of nights ago.

Only a bad purchase because I can't really justify the cost right now. :redface:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by yeet_21
the cheetos i picked up from the shop are actually a fancy american import and cost me £5 :frown:

That IS a bad purchase decision...cheetos aren't even good when they're cheap as anything in the US, way worse when you're paying a fiver for it! :tongue:
Buying a broken import sports car with all the text in Japanese that is beyond my skills and I'm running out of time, money and patience with it. I'd torch it but I can't even insure it's ass :colonhash:

screen.jpg
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by artful_lounger
That IS a bad purchase decision...cheetos aren't even good when they're cheap as anything in the US, way worse when you're paying a fiver for it! :tongue:

It's like when people went nuts over Oreos as the US craze, forgetting or ignorant of how the UK already had a far superior sandwich biscuit economy :rolleyes:
got on a bus yesterday and paid £2 for it way before my friend, and then the bus got full and she couldn't get on. I got off to be with her and paid £2 for nothing :colonhash:
Last week, I was doing my online Tesco shopping, and I put the previous week's order in my shopping basket as a place holder so I could checkout in time, just to save the delivery slot.

Then on Sunday (delivery due Monday) I logged on and amended the basket, taking out things I didn't need and putting in things I did need.

Monday came, and what did they deliver? Only the entire contents I'd put in as a placeholder. I can only assume that after amending the basket I'd forgotten to re-check out, so it just reverted back to what was originally in there.

Ended up with £96 worth of stuff I didn't really want.
I bought a new lock on my door yesterday, as my old one has two separate keys (like a double lock). I bought one with a single keyhole, to save time going in, or out. Had it installed, and was running late for work.

Key snapped in the hole, and I was locked in till the locksmith came, and wasn’t able to go to work till 1, I’m due to go in at 7. Waste of about £25, instillation costs, locksmith, and the new door lock I’ll have to buy :/
Original post by yeet_21

Everything i've bought from UO

Quick Reply

Latest