The Student Room Group

A level religious studies question help for essay!

could someone give me ideas on what to write for this question

'Evaluate the view that the thinking mind is separate
from the body' (40 marks)
Reply 1
Descartes would say yes

Plato would say yes

Aristotle would say no

Ryle would say no

Dawkins would say no

Consider each of these views, explain their arguments for their conclusion, and then evaluate whether they are successful.
Original post by Joe312
Descartes would say yes

Plato would say yes

Aristotle would say no

Ryle would say no

Dawkins would say no

Consider each of these views, explain their arguments for their conclusion, and then evaluate whether they are successful.

omg, i thought this but overthought everything😭😭😭. thank you soooo much!!! this is so helpful! hopefully i can fix it tomorrow 🤞🏼🤞🏼
Reply 3
Original post by alevelstudent090
omg, i thought this but overthought everything😭😭😭. thank you soooo much!!! this is so helpful! hopefully i can fix it tomorrow 🤞🏼🤞🏼

No problem - for one essay you wouldn't even need to mention all of these. You could forget about Ryle for example, cause he is super difficult to understand and I wouldn't recommend it unless the question requires it.

See my notes for the AO1 and AO2 content for each scholar here: https://alevelphilosophyandreligion.com/ocr-religious-studies/ocr-philosophy/soul-mind-body/
Original post by Joe312
No problem - for one essay you wouldn't even need to mention all of these. You could forget about Ryle for example, cause he is super difficult to understand and I wouldn't recommend it unless the question requires it.

See my notes for the AO1 and AO2 content for each scholar here: https://alevelphilosophyandreligion.com/ocr-religious-studies/ocr-philosophy/soul-mind-body/

thank you!!! theres so much to learn and write about in rs but cutting it down makes it easier so i appreciate your help. what year are you in? how are u finding the subject? ahh thanks the notes are really helpful and useful! :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Original post by alevelstudent090
thank you!!! theres so much to learn and write about in rs but cutting it down makes it easier so i appreciate your help. what year are you in? how are u finding the subject? ahh thanks the notes are really helpful and useful! :smile:

I'm not a student, I'm a tutor and examiner for OCR RS A level. No problem! You're right that cutting each topic down into 3-6 paragraphs is the best way to learn it, otherwise there is just too much unstructured content. You just have to make sure that the paragraphs are able to answer any possible exam question. That's what I'm trying to achieve with my notes.
Original post by Joe312
I'm not a student, I'm a tutor and examiner for OCR RS A level. No problem! You're right that cutting each topic down into 3-6 paragraphs is the best way to learn it, otherwise there is just too much unstructured content. You just have to make sure that the paragraphs are able to answer any possible exam question. That's what I'm trying to achieve with my notes.

i also own a 'my revision notes ocr religious studies a level book' which i have three because one per topic and they're all so helpful but all the reading it a lot for me as i'm dyslexic and comprehension is hard for me so your notes are way better and also watching youtube vids are good too. you sound like a really good tutor and you must help a lot of students :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending