The Student Room Group

Pleaseee HELP MY ALEVELS

Hi,
I think that my class and me are extremely behind in our A level biology course-Let me give you some context- We are a Y2 class that does AQA biology and up till now we've only completed respiration, homeostasis, photosynthesis and nutrient cycles and that its it. We have yet to practice for the 25 mark essay , nor have we practiced how to approach application based exam questions and it now we are only just beginning the response to stimuli section. The issue here is also that this section expects the students to have completed triple science, so that means we should have a basic understanding of the eye however many of us have done combined double science and it seems the teacher isnt willing to go over these concepts with us. I know that i should go over these stuff by myself using youtube etc. but I don't know whether the class will be prepared for the actual exams. What should I do? Can i ask fellow students what biology topics you guys have completed?
Original post by zoella A
Hi,
I think that my class and me are extremely behind in our A level biology course-Let me give you some context- We are a Y2 class that does AQA biology and up till now we've only completed respiration, homeostasis, photosynthesis and nutrient cycles and that its it. We have yet to practice for the 25 mark essay , nor have we practiced how to approach application based exam questions and it now we are only just beginning the response to stimuli section. The issue here is also that this section expects the students to have completed triple science, so that means we should have a basic understanding of the eye however many of us have done combined double science and it seems the teacher isnt willing to go over these concepts with us. I know that i should go over these stuff by myself using youtube etc. but I don't know whether the class will be prepared for the actual exams. What should I do? Can i ask fellow students what biology topics you guys have completed?

hello

I do OCR A biology so not sure how much help I can be!
For what it's worth, we have covered principles of homeostasis, excretion, hormonal control, neuronal control, plant and animal responses, photosynthesis, and we are currently doing respiration and cellular control of gene expression.

it might be a good idea for you to ask your teacher if they have a plan for when you will finish the content - if there will be time left over before you go on study leave (or even during your study leave) you could ask your teacher to go over those topics you're expected to have knowledge of ?

hope this helps!!
Reply 2
Original post by firecherry123
hello

I do OCR A biology so not sure how much help I can be!
For what it's worth, we have covered principles of homeostasis, excretion, hormonal control, neuronal control, plant and animal responses, photosynthesis, and we are currently doing respiration and cellular control of gene expression.

it might be a good idea for you to ask your teacher if they have a plan for when you will finish the content - if there will be time left over before you go on study leave (or even during your study leave) you could ask your teacher to go over those topics you're expected to have knowledge of ?

hope this helps!!

Thank you, it does and thankfully i think the class is on track as we've done almost the same as you but instead of neuronal control, we've completed respiration instead.
Thank you, it does and thankfully i think the class is on track as we've done almost the same as you but instead of neuronal control, we've completed respiration instead.

glad I could put your mind at rest :h:
Hi,

Heya!
Have you talked to your teacher about when you are going to finish the topics and practice for exams? Talking to the teacher might put you at ease more as they'll be able to tell you the timeframe. You could also start doing some practice in your own time :h: Have you started doing practice questions for the topics you have covered? If it helps, Study mind has free revision notes and practice questions all done by topic!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest