The Student Room Group

Are my grades good enough for Oxford

I currently have 7A*’s and 3 A’s in my O levels (I’m an international student) and also have 3 predicted A* in my A levels. Given that my admissions test goes well, is there a good chance for me to get an offer for Oxford in PPE?
No chance
Yes, they're fine, provided you're doing A-level Maths.
Original post by artful_lounger
Yes, they're fine, provided you're doing A-level Maths.

Are the O levels good enough? I’m a little paranoid about them since my brother got rejected from Oxford and his O levels grades were a little worse than mine
That’s horrible. You may aswell have gotten a U
Original post by paulmorinho
Are the O levels good enough? I’m a little paranoid about them since my brother got rejected from Oxford and his O levels grades were a little worse than mine

Your O levels are excellent, so they need not be a concern.

You should instead focus more on things like your personal statement, interview technique (i.e get used to thinking out loud in practice interviews and by tutoring weaker classmates in related subjects) and making your application as strong as possible.

I assume you are doing A level maths?

Edit: I forgot about the TSA. You may wish to find past TSA papers and practice those. It clearly shows that I didn’t apply to Oxford to do PPE…
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by TypicalNerd
Your O levels are excellent, so they need not be a concern.

You should instead focus more on things like your personal statement, interview technique (i.e get used to thinking out loud in practice interviews and by tutoring weaker classmates in related subjects) and making your application as strong as possible.

I assume you are doing A level maths?

Edit: I forgot about the TSA. You may wish to find past TSA papers and practice those. It clearly shows that I didn’t apply to Oxford to do PPE…

Yes, maths, economics and history

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending