The Student Room Group

UNI

Are most UCL students rejected from Oxbridge?
Original post by zoezoezoezoez

No. I don't know where we'd be able to find some official stats on this, so we'll have to make do with what we have...

Take a browse through the Official UCL 2023 Undergraduate Applicants Thread. I haven't checked every page, but of those posts I've looked at which have answered "What other unis are you applying for?", I'd say only about half even applied to Oxford or Cambridge in addition to UCL. There'll also be some (although admittedly very few, I suspect) who declined an offer from Oxbridge in favour of one from UCL.
Original post by zoezoezoezoez

I wouldn't say that. As DataVenia says, the UCL applicants 2023 thread is a good place to start. I've applied to UCL so I'm on there a lot, and maybe 40-50% of the people there applied to Oxbridge. I certainly haven't. I don't understand this constant stigma around 'Oxbridge reject' unis.
I think there is an assumption that most UCL students wander around in a daze for 3 years wailing, "But why not Oxbridge? Why not me?!".
Original post by Admit-One
I think there is an assumption that most UCL students wander around in a daze for 3 years wailing, "But why not Oxbridge? Why not me?!".

PRSOM :laugh:

Quick Reply