The Student Room Group

epq title ideas for law

i need help decided on a working title for my epq. i wanted to do something with international law and refugees but have no idea what what the title should be and what i'd actually have to do and because my supervisor isn't from a law background, they aren't really able to give me the best advice

i'm also considering the possibility of doing something on the philosophy of law - i entered an law essay competition a while back that was based on our moral obligation to follow the law and i really enjoyed reading and researching for it so im also looking for possible titles there too
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by TazmeenX
i need help decided on a working title for my epq. i wanted to do something with international law and refugees but have no idea what what the title should be and what i'd actually have to do and because my supervisor isn't from a law background, they aren't really able to give me the best advice

what sort of areas do u wanna focus on within that such as 'to what extent does international law protect the rights of refugees?' usually 'to what extent' or 'how successful' questions are the best starting point for questions, plus you end up coming to a balanced conclusion. also ive found googling example questions to be really helpful
Reply 2
Original post by arch17
what sort of areas do u wanna focus on within that such as 'to what extent does international law protect the rights of refugees?' usually 'to what extent' or 'how successful' questions are the best starting point for questions, plus you end up coming to a balanced conclusion. also ive found googling example questions to be really helpful

i think i wanted to do something that had a relation to environmental refugees like the ones from tuvalu (their land is sinking as a result of climate change and so they have to abandon it but to make up for it theyve made their own virtual world of some sort?) but i think the tricky bit is the fact that i dont know where to start at all with a topic like this nor do i know what i actually want to talk about - im just very interested in it
Original post by TazmeenX
i think i wanted to do something that had a relation to environmental refugees like the ones from tuvalu (their land is sinking as a result of climate change and so they have to abandon it but to make up for it theyve made their own virtual world of some sort?) but i think the tricky bit is the fact that i dont know where to start at all with a topic like this nor do i know what i actually want to talk about - im just very interested in it

that sounds really interesting, speak to ur supervisor about it maybe try mindmaps too they helped tons when planning the direction for mine. just make sure it doesnt have any overlap with ur academics eg i studied tuvalu and the maldives as case studies for geography so if u did geog try to avoid anything that can be linked to ur spec. you could try 'to what extent does international law successfully protect environmental refugees across the globe?'

Quick Reply

Latest