The Student Room Group

BTEC HNC maths

Vs=5sin(2pift-pi/3)
t=time
f=1MHz
Vs=volts

Find t when Vs is 3v

I’m getting t is 0.81s can someone say if that’s right. Head has been mashed with it.
Original post by david71
Vs=5sin(2pift-pi/3)
t=time
f=1MHz
Vs=volts

Find t when Vs is 3v

I’m getting t is 0.81s can someone say if that’s right. Head has been mashed with it.

That doesn't look right to me. Please post your working so that either I or one of the other helpers on this forum can have a look and see where you went wrong.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by old_engineer
That doesn't look right to me. Please post my working so that either I or one of the other helpers on this forum can have a look and see where you went wrong.

Thank you

Vs/5=sin(2pift-pi/3

sin-1Vs/5=sin-1(sin(2pift-pi/))

sin-1(Vs/5)=2pift-pi/3

sin-1Vs/5+pi/3=2pift

t = sin-1(Vs/5)+pi/3
—————-
2pif

t = sin-1 (3/5)+pi/3
————-
2pi1

t = 0.81
Original post by david71
Thank you

Vs/5=sin(2pift-pi/3

sin-1Vs/5=sin-1(sin(2pift-pi/))

sin-1(Vs/5)=2pift-pi/3

sin-1Vs/5+pi/3=2pift

t = sin-1(Vs/5)+pi/3
—————-
2pif

t = sin-1 (3/5)+pi/3
————-
2pi1

t = 0.81

Looks like f = 1 MHz, not 1 Hz.
Reply 4
Original post by mqb2766
Looks like f = 1 MHz, not 1 Hz.

If I enter 10^6 into that calculation, instead of 1, the calculator comes back with error! Where am I going wrong with it
Original post by david71
If I enter 10^6 into that calculation, instead of 1, the calculator comes back with error! Where am I going wrong with it

Not sure but there are plenty of online calculators.
Youd have to be specific about what youre actually typing in.
Original post by david71

Here are what you appear to be calculating and what I believe you should be calculating.
Reply 7
Original post by old_engineer
Here are what you appear to be calculating and what I believe you should be calculating.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest