The Student Room Group

flood management method case studies evaluations

Looking for evaluation of flood management method resources..
am doing CIE and main case study is on Bangladesh-however seems to be lots of info on causes and effects but little on evaluation of the flood management methods....this means hard to answer the exams questions..can anyone point me in the right direction?
thanks
Original post by priceline34
Looking for evaluation of flood management method resources..
am doing CIE and main case study is on Bangladesh-however seems to be lots of info on causes and effects but little on evaluation of the flood management methods....this means hard to answer the exams questions..can anyone point me in the right direction?
thanks

Hey there! What r you trying to evaluate exactly? Is this question relating to some essay question you’re doing? If so, what is the essay question? And what are your points that you have made in there?

Also is this coasts or water cycle?
(edited 1 year ago)
thanks-this is revision-what examples for test-its not coasts -its core 1 hydrology and fluvial... looking for examples for evaluation of hard and soft engineering techniques in bangladesh and how it has or has not alleviated flooding
thanks-this is revision-what examples for test-its not coasts -its core 1 hydrology and fluvial... looking for examples for evaluation of hard and soft engineering techniques in bangladesh and how it has or has not alleviated flooding

So you have a list of soft engineering and hard engineering techniques, you pick which one to talk about and evaluation will come from “evidence that it worked” eg: death tolls decrease etc and you can then say however, an example where it didn’t work as well and then say overall, although it did _____ but it has done this ____ which shows it is/isn’t effective.
many thanks-is this when you add the caveats that may depend on whether undertaken in developing or developed countries and long term /short term evaluation may be different/also depend on which stakeholder doing the evaluation?
many thanks-is this when you add the caveats that may depend on whether undertaken in developing or developed countries and long term /short term evaluation may be different/also depend on which stakeholder doing the evaluation?

I’m note sure what “caveats” is. But everything you said after that is 💯% correct
thanks-your advice is very much appreciated...on a general point -if a question came up as the long question last year in the exam-is it correct to assume it wont come up this year? e.g. w2022 was assess impact of river floods? s 2022 was discuss velocity as most important influence of sediment deposition?
thanks-your advice is very much appreciated...on a general point -if a question came up as the long question last year in the exam-is it correct to assume it wont come up this year? e.g. w2022 was assess impact of river floods? s 2022 was discuss velocity as most important influence of sediment deposition?

Hey there, I am doing edexcel exam board so I am not sure about CIE, perhaps you can ask a teacher about this?
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest