The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Just under the entry requirments but big drive and relevant life experience

Ok while studying at sixth form my dad left my mum and she was struggling to support the house hold. This ment i went out for full time work and inherently had to drop down to 2 alevels :sigh: managed to end of with a B in media and a D in business (god knows how i passed them both with the limited work i could put in). The industry i worked in was sales both tele sales and customer faced with focus on proactive advertising and sales and im very confident in interviews and can sell myself very well (hoping i get one)

Im currently studying Advertising at UEL ( only course i fancied from the 4 uni's i applied to love the course material but the teaching standard is very sub par)

Im interested in the Advertising course at Nottingham which requires 180 ucas points compared to my 160 would love to do the course what are my chances off getting in? im thinking off leaving this university before christmas would this be a good idea? or should i stay and try to transfer? just seems like a waste of money staying :shifty:

Thanks Ryan :woo:
The Nottingham Trent forum is that way
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Personally I wouldn't bother because you're under the entry requirements. Just stay at the university you're at already and do well!
Reply 3
But its only by 20 points and with an outstanding personel statement would i at least not get an interview? im not enjoying this uni at all the lectures are awful ive learnt more independently then i have from them. I would have got good grades if i didnt have to work 40+ hours a week, i wouldnt be really even happy with a first from this uni to be honest
Reply 4
does Notts offer an advertising course? if you want trent, this isn't the section to post it in.
To be honest, no one here is in any position to tell you whether or not you'll get a place. the best people to speak to are the uni themselves. Explain your situation, they should be able to give you their unofficial/official opinion and go from there.
Reply 5
will look into it
EvenStevens
The Nottingham Trent forum is that way

:biggrin: :p:

Not to be rude but Nottingham don't do courses based on UCAS tariffs , Trent do.

You are only 20 points off your points tariff so I don't think it would be a lost cause to apply to Trent - perhaps if you talk about your difficulties on your personal statement they might treat you more favourably as it's quite clear as you said personal problems got in the way of your studies and you'd have done better without having to work full time.
Reply 7
Only being slightly short of the grade required and with relevant experience, I think that they would probably accept you, in fact I am sure they would, Uni's like this always have loads of clearing places for these kind of courses anyway but you could easily call and ask. What you find however is that the teaching is no different from where you currently are. University usually require you to do a lot of your own reading in your own time so if you like the course content then maybe you should stick with it and follow the content yourself.

Good luck.

Latest

Trending

Trending