The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

How does the Kent uni accommodation application process work ?

As in do they pick the accommodation for you according to the order you put it in on the application website ?
Original post by gasgasgas
As in do they pick the accommodation for you according to the order you put it in on the application website ?

The process is described on their web site here. Relevant to your question:

"When you apply you’ll be asked to select four room choices in your order of preference."
"...we will allocate down your preference list if your top choice is already full..."

So the short answer to your question is "Yes".
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
The process is described on their web site here. Relevant to your question:

"When you apply you’ll be asked to select four room choices in your order of preference."
"...we will allocate down your preference list if your top choice is already full..."

So the short answer to your question is "Yes".

Ok thank you.
As in do they pick the accommodation for you according to the order you put it in on the application website

Hi there

As mentioned above this link describes the accommodation process at Kent: https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/accommodation/how-to-apply-for-student-accommodation-at-kent/?utm_source=accomm&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=homepage

If you have any other questions about the application process or Kent in general then please let me know!

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by University of Kent Reps
Hi there

As mentioned above this link describes the accommodation process at Kent: https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/accommodation/how-to-apply-for-student-accommodation-at-kent/?utm_source=accomm&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=homepage

If you have any other questions about the application process or Kent in general then please let me know!

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep :smile:

Thank you for replying. When I edit my application, will the "first come first serve" still apply to me ? I'm asking this because after I edited my application, I got the same email that I got when I first completed it (which was about a week ago).
Thank you for replying. When I edit my application, will the "first come first serve" still apply to me ? I'm asking this because after I edited my application, I got the same email that I got when I first completed it (which was about a week ago).

Hi there :smile:

From what I remember the first come first served is related to when you apply for a specific accommodation. If you edit your application and change your accommodation you will 'join' the back of the list of people who have already applied for that accommodation. That being said Kent is usually good at this as they guarantee first year accommodation to all students. I would say that most people get their first choice accommodation however, there is always one of two accommodations that are over subscribed due to popularity so for this case the first come first served rule applies. Hope this made sense.

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep

Quick Reply

Latest