The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just a quick question, why do fat people not eat much infront of people?
Reply 2
educate more about the dangers, and at school have more healthy options.
enigmatic

because it is HOT!
Reply 4
i saw price foods according to demand, availability AND sugar/fat content!
Reply 5
you're being a tad insensitive with that title aren't you?
What about naked rugbhy- nudie apart from boots and socks. Oh the laughs.
naelse
you're being a tad insensitive with that title aren't you?

Perhaps. But then its cruel to be kind.
Reply 8
enigmatic

they feel embarressed, and feel like they are being judged
Reply 9
The government shouldnt do anything to help them. And what happned to this thread? Its got different replies to the first time I read it...its another conspiracy isnt it.
Reply 10
enigmatic

because they think that people will assume the reason why they are fat is because they eat to much when it isnt always the case
Reply 11
PublicSchoolAnn

Be quiet little Ms Drunk and Fat

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1599591&postcount=1
Reply 12
VixenIW
The government shouldnt do anything to help them. And what happned to this thread? Its got different replies to the first time I read it...its another conspiracy isnt it.

I went a bit too far :redface:
Reply 13
PublicSchoolAnn

sings, in the right measures

I know. It made me waqnt to purge. :redface:
Reply 15
Had to do something on obesity in the community for my MedSoc reflective writing peice for this week

I do think that being significantly overweight is a medical problem and, as such, people in this category should be helped to overcome any difficulties and maintain a weight that is healthy for them.

I find it very strange that anorexia nervosa is recognized as an illness with a significant mental health aspect but the flip side of the coin, obesity, is not, and obese people are often the subject of ridicule by the media and popular culture, something I’m sure drives people further into a cycle of despair and helplessness. How many times do you see images of huge ladies riding bicycles on greeting cards, or fat ladies on a beach in a post card? Compare that to the number of similar products that feature emaciated individuals.

If obesity was more medicalised, then I’m sure that restrictive diets would begin to lose their foot hold on society, and potential dangerous crazes, such as The Atkins Plan, would not be able to grip the nation, as people could have easier access to real, medically sound, dietary and exercise advice rather than clinging to the hope of ‘quick fix’ plans, which often eventually leave the individual in a worse place than they started.

Of course it is always worth remembering that so long as a person’s health is not put in danger and they are happy within themselves that a bit of extra weight should not be a huge issue.
you know- some fat people dont eat that much at all. their body's metabolism is very slow, and they burn less energy than a skinny person.

its either that or their body needs less energy to perform usual metabolisms- e.g cell replication or whatever. so because their body is more efficient than a skinny persons- they become big performing the same daily routines as a skinny person.

basically, my point is that sometimes it is not entirely their fault- blame their genetic make-up. :mad:
Reply 17
PublicSchoolAnn
I know. It made me waqnt to purge. :redface:

Then what's stopping you - go for your life!
Reply 18
ponjavic
I went a bit too far :redface:

Hehehe, aaaaah ok. Tut tut :wink:
Make the doors to McDonalds smaller.

Latest

Trending

Trending