The Student Room Group

Thomas More was the main threat in the opposition of the Catholic Church. Do u agree?

Thomas More was the main threat in the opposition of the Catholic Church. How far do you agree? (16 marks)

I'm writing a Henry VIII 16 marker and I can only think of three people (Thomas More, Elizabeth Barton and John Fisher) do you know any other key players who are catholic and opposed to the reformation.

Thank you, please let me know if you have any ideas for this question.

-Estudian
This may help:

The Reformation marked the beginning of Protestantism and the division of the Western Church into Protestantism and the Roman Catholic Church as it is known today.
It is also regarded as one of the occasions in European history that marked the end of the Middle Ages and the start of the early modern era.
While Thomas More was a prominent figure in opposing the actions of King Henry VIII during the English Reformation and did so in defense of the Catholic Church, he was not the main threat to the Church itself.
There were many other figures and events that played a significant role in challenging the authority and influence of the Catholic Church during this time, including the Protestant Reformation and the actions of reformers such as Martin Luther, John Calvin, and Ulrich Zwingli.

Quick Reply