The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography

I had applied Diagnostic Radiography in Derby, Leicester, De Montfort, Birmingham City and Sheffield Hallam universities for 2023 enters. I am a mature student (am 35) I had BA (H) 2:1 in business studies and I am currently studying lever 3 access course in science at college now.
I had received an alternative course offer from De Montfort university for a course which I have not applied, expressed interest into in my personal statement and had no skills at at all. In the offer email it says Diagnostic Radiography is popular and competitive. I am just confused and started to read in between the lines what it could mean when I already had a 2:1 degree (I understand that it is in completely different ) but as I said I am currently studying access course in science. I am just curious whether it is my age that is taken in consideration as I am 35 and May be the Diagnostic Radiography is popular among young students fresh from A levels. And shockingly, the alternative course email says my skills will feet well in the alternative course they had offered me.
Diagnostic Radiography is popular and competitive, however your age will not be held against you, quite the opposite in fact - mature students tend to be (generally) more committed and more mature in their approach to study than school leavers. They also adapt quicker to life on placement because they are used to being in a professional work environment.

I can't speak for DeMonfort, but I know SHU will sometimes offer DRad applicants a place on the Radiotherapy + Oncology course because they get too many applicants for the former, and not enough for the latter.

Speaking as a 3rd year mature student on the RONC course, I can highly recommend it :smile:
Original post by Sur Michael
I had applied Diagnostic Radiography in Derby, Leicester, De Montfort, Birmingham City and Sheffield Hallam universities for 2023 enters. I am a mature student (am 35) I had BA (H) 2:1 in business studies and I am currently studying lever 3 access course in science at college now.
I had received an alternative course offer from De Montfort university for a course which I have not applied, expressed interest into in my personal statement and had no skills at at all. In the offer email it says Diagnostic Radiography is popular and competitive. I am just confused and started to read in between the lines what it could mean when I already had a 2:1 degree (I understand that it is in completely different ) but as I said I am currently studying access course in science. I am just curious whether it is my age that is taken in consideration as I am 35 and May be the Diagnostic Radiography is popular among young students fresh from A levels. And shockingly, the alternative course email says my skills will feet well in the alternative course they had offered me.

Unis want applicants to show an understanding of the role, usually gained through shadowing experience in a hospital. Also, the ability to deal/communicate with the general public from work or volunteering. Did you include these aspects in your personal statement?
Reply 3
I am currently studying Diagnostic Radiography at Leeds. I'm 30 and have a 2:2 in Mathematics from Leeds also, so we're in a similar situation. I applied to Leeds, Bradford and Sheffield Hallam, received interviews and offers from all 3.
I'd say don't worry as long as your personal statement and interview skills are solid.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Sur Michael

Did u get any offers in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest